Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 16th-18th Lake Effect Snow

CanadianGuy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Georgian Bay band is doing a lot better (right now). From the alignment of the winds you can see it has better fetch going and a more unidirectional flow pattern than the Lake Huron/London band. Colder temps to the north obviously help too.

*Image Cut*

I haven't even seen my first flakes of the season yet, no precip. here since 10:00 pm last night either. In my view the forecast for my point was a huge bust as I thought today would be really windy and overcast but it turned out to be one of the sunniest days of the whole week! No clouds at all in the morning and full sun and then some minor clouds in the afternoon. It was suppose to be either rain/snow mix on and off today or rain with dense overcast (shown 5 days in a row). With the alignment of the winds I have no idea why in these setups nothing at all occurs in south Grey and Bruce counties.

With the 2-5 cm of snow not happening here (yet, I'm not holding my breath for the rest of the weekend either) or flakes this has to be one of the latest dates to not have any I've experienced.

No, it's unusual. We should be able to get more snow inland then what we have seen today and are seeing tonight with a setup like this.

Sent from my XT1563

Alright, thanks. Kind of what I figured.

I'm becoming more impressed with the potential off of Lake Erie tonight into NW PA. Could still get my 2-4"+ there.

I'm glad you got something in London.

Not really our sub forum but BUF just issued a LES warning for Oswego County NY

Yeah 7-9 inches total expected.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EDT THISAFTERNOON...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECTSNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON.THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.* LOCATIONS...CENTRAL OSWEGO COUNTY FROM MEXICO TO PARISH AND  CONSTANTIA.* TIMING...THROUGH EARLY THIS AFTERNOON.* ACCUMULATIONS...ADDITIONAL 3 TO 5 INCHES TODAY WILL BRING TOTALS  INTO THE 7 TO 9 INCH RANGE IN LOCALIZED AREAS.* VISIBILITIES...LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.

post-694-0-14210100-1445176748.png

Archived