• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Predict the Date: First Bonafide Nor'Easter of the Season

Rtd208

But I guess it is tough to call it a not Easter without a low pressure system on the surface map. I'll still vote yes but say make it clear next time that there needs to be a clear low pressure system along with all stations reporting winds from the NE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

But I guess it is tough to call it a not Easter without a low pressure system on the surface map. I'll still vote yes but say make it clear next time that there needs to be a clear low pressure system along with all stations reporting winds from the NE

The stiff northeast flow is very much a product of the 1042 anticyclone over James Bay...but there definitely is the circulation which is mainly tied in to the hurricane well east of the SE coast.  However, we generally never allow hurricanes to fall under the ambit of Nor'easters.

In all seriousness... why isn't there any real cyclogenesis going on? There's an amplifying upper trough, a divergent jet streak region over the Mid-Atlantic, a distinct thermal boundary, and what appears to be a nice baroclinic leaf structure.

Is the 'cane throwing a wrench in it?

there would be plenty of closed isobars if the hurricane wasn't making the general pressure field lower

Archived