• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Ice Storm Fells Eisenhower Tree at Augusta National

BraseltonGAWX

I will definitely miss the Eisenhower tree as it was very well-known to any regular Masters viewer. I hope Jim Nantz pays tribute to the tree in some way.

Me too. It sounds kind of sappy, but it truly was an historical landmark in every way considering it's age, history, etc. I am sure CBS and Jim Nantz will do a good job, and it will be interesting to see what they do to replace it.

• 1 month later...

Nick Faldo did a nice bit on the Eisenhower tree having been lost to the Feb. icestorm. It was touching and well-deserved. Thank you, Nick Faldo and CBS. Otherwise, this tourney has been quite enjoyable to this point as usual.

Nick Faldo did a nice bit on the Eisenhower tree having been lost to the Feb. icestorm. It was touching and well-deserved. Thank you, Nick Faldo and CBS. Otherwise, this tourney has been quite enjoyable to this point as usual.

The tree was definitely an iconic part of Augusta National! The tourney has been great and the weather for the tourney has been about as good as you could ever ask for! They showed an interesting statistic yesterday about the hole with the tree now gone. The scoring avg for the hole was almost the exact same this year as last year, with only tenths difference! So as in most things in golf, it was a mental thing! The tree not being there , has not dramatically changed the avg stroke count on the hole!

Archived