• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
US Open @ Merion Weather

NaoPos

Lets get some action going for this thread. As of now, the weather looks ok. Here's the 12z GFS starting thursday: (i mean, how often does a US MAJOR PGA event come to Philly??)

a8e9e9up.jpg

Feel free to join in.

Bet they are happy it wasnt this weekend. I read back-up plans that they have some Merion West holes ready to go just in case.

Yea, apparently some of the lower east course holes get pretty wet easily, so the contingency was the west course holes.

So should I make the trip from NOVA to Merion on Thursday or should I just eat my ticket?

why wouldn't you go. NOVA to Ardmore is a minor trip compared to the spectacle of the US Open. I've been to the US Open and to regular tour events. They are not similar. It's a chance to see history being made. Prepare for the rain, but hope for better. You may be surprised.

Looks like that line segment is blowing through fast. That's good. I really don't see a ton of big convection following this afternoon.

And if you eat your ticket you should kick yourself. This is historic. The rain ain't that bad. They will play all day.

Players will be making absurd shots on a soft wet course. Or they will be in the thickest, gnarliest rough ever and not get the ball out.

Either way. GO.

I'll be there saturday.

Looks like that line segment is blowing through fast. That's good. I really don't see a ton of big convection following this afternoon.

And if you eat your ticket you should kick yourself. This is historic. The rain ain't that bad. They will play all day.

Players will be making absurd shots on a soft wet course. Or they will be in the thickest, gnarliest rough ever and not get the ball out.

Either way. GO.

I'll be there saturday.

The course is as easy as it ever will be, and it's still eating the players alive.

Archived