• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Davis Issue

40/70 Benchmark

If you don't have a station 2, you might be picking up someone elses.  Having another station within a 1000 foot radius isn't improbable if you live in a relatively densely populated neighborhood.

I sometimes get UV data and have no UV sensor. 

Could it be the fan battery that is situated within the system....I have not had to change that in the 5 years that I have owned it...

Just saw this thread, but already replied to your PM. If your settings are still set on station 1 then I agree with Scott...you're probably picking up a nearby station. I've never experienced how the data packets react to two conflicting stations on the same dipswitch. It's possible the other guy has his ISS set on 2 and a wireless anemometer transmitter on 1, but it's probably more likely that he chose station 2 to avoid issues with your 1.

If you don't have a station 2, you might be picking up someone elses. Having another station within a 1000 foot radius isn't improbable if you live in a relatively densely populated neighborhood.

I sometimes get UV data and have no UV sensor.

So how does that work? Do you receive your data packets and only the other guy's UV or are the packets mixed?

So how does that work? Do you receive your data packets and only the other guy's UV or are the packets mixed?

No clue... only happens maybe twice a year.  I'll get a single UV reading that stays for hours and then vanishes.  If it was someone else's whole packet, I'd expect to see a little change in temperature/humidity but never noticed one.  It might be random interference since it seems so unlikely there is another station nearby given that I'm surrounded by mostly empty condos and second homes.

Wait-- if you're getting battery warnings for station 2, you must have that station enabled?  Hold down the "Done" button and the down arrow for a couple seconds, when the screen changes press done again, then right arrow to pick channel 2 and make sure it says off.

That didn't add up to me either, but I wasn't sure if it would still pick up a low battery from nearby without any of the guy's data.

Wait-- if you're getting battery warnings for station 2, you must have that station enabled?  Hold down the "Done" button and the down arrow for a couple seconds, when the screen changes press done again, then right arrow to pick channel 2 and make sure it says off.

Yea that what I though, figured he did it on initial setup.

Thank you....that did it.

Archived