• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Indiana: Coldest Januaries On Record

Chicago WX

The top 5 coldest Januaries on record for the state of Indiana according to NCDC (since 1895).

1) 10.8º in 1977

2) 12.1º in 1918

3) 15.1º in 1940

4) 16.3º in 1912

5) 17.5º in 1979

January 1977 is pretty special. Most sites in central and northern Indiana didn't record a temperature about 32º the entire month. Even way down south in Evansville, as shown in the chart, only seven days had a max temperature above freezing.

A sampling of five sites for each January below. 

Look at what way the green line is going for "trend". You will get ripped a new one if you post that chart you know where :lmao:

I have a customer who lives in Midland who has recorded the high and low in his backyard for the past 60 years. He was a mathematician at Northwoods university. I would be interested in seeing his records, saw him today and hes not long for the world... Would be a major shame if they got tossed after he expires.

I have a customer who lives in Midland who has recorded the high and low in his backyard for the past 60 years. He was a mathematician at Northwoods university. I would be interested in seeing his records, saw him today and hes not long for the world... Would be a major shame if they got tossed after he expires.

Those would be awesome to see.

This is now, I cant believe it, my 18th winter of measuring snow imby (and 13th year recording liquid precip). Its awesome to see trends over the years, the good, the bad, etc....but I never do temps. Too time consuming or just lazy, I just use DTW and nearby wunderground stations.

And yes sorry to go OT Tim....as usual...great stuff.

Archived