• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sandy USGS post mortem on beach effects, pretty stunning

Ginx snewx

I asked that question several days ago, no answer, hope they do, they do now have the pre images up so that may be a sign. The forgotten disaster zone.

I don't see how they wouldn't take some photos. The beach erosion alone is worthy of documentation.

We're doing some pretty cool stuff up here that happened to coincide with pre/post Sandy as well. We were mapping the beaches with GPS to determine slope, etc. for beach erosion models. We happened to get a few mapping sessions with pre/post data. I'm spacing on the specific beach on the Seacoast right now, but we managed to document as much as a foot loss in elevation along with a significantly steeper grade to the slope.

I don't see how they wouldn't take some photos. The beach erosion alone is worthy of documentation.

We're doing some pretty cool stuff up here that happened to coincide with pre/post Sandy as well. We were mapping the beaches with GPS to determine slope, etc. for beach erosion models. We happened to get a few mapping sessions with pre/post data. I'm spacing on the specific beach on the Seacoast right now, but we managed to document as much as a foot loss in elevation along with a significantly steeper grade to the slope.

the images on the link I provided are amazingly detailed, just looked at the Breezy point pics, you tell the wind direction at the time of the fires.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived