Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE Ski GTG

ChrisM

What Mountain?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Mountain would be best to meet at?

• Jay Peak
    • Smuggs
    • MRG
    • Stowe
    • K-Mart
    • Berkshire East
    • Other

The most hated man in OT.

That honor is somewhat up in the air but I take pride in being in the running. A few over there think I'm just fine though.....;)

Still psyched for a round of golf in a couple months? The beauty of NE is ski season and golf overlap. Last year I skied and golfed on the same day. Looking forward to doing it again.

Of course I am. The Mass Am is at Wyantenuck this year so if I qualify I'll be out there for a week or so and be doing practice rounds. If I don't, I'd love to play one of your local tracks. My mother lives right next to the Ranch in Southwick so that's always an option too, a must play.

I'm really psyched to get back into skiing, really like finding an old long lost love. It's going on 6-7 yrs since I did any real serious skiing so a day at the Beast would be great with me. With my daughter just turning 1, it's been hard finding time but in a few years I hope to be right back into it. Nothing like getting up at 5:30 hitting the road and being first in line at 8am. I miss it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That honor is somewhat up in the air but I take pride in being in the running. A few over there think I'm just fine though.....;)

Of course I am. The Mass Am is at Wyantenuck this year so if I qualify I'll be out there for a week or so and be doing practice rounds. If I don't, I'd love to play one of your local tracks. My mother lives right next to the Ranch in Southwick so that's always an option too, a must play.

I'm really psyched to get back into skiing, really like finding an old long lost love. It's going on 6-7 yrs since I did any real serious skiing so a day at the Beast would be great with me. With my daughter just turning 1, it's been hard finding time but in a few years I hope to be right back into it. Nothing like getting up at 5:30 hitting the road and being first in line at 8am. I miss it.

Cool, we'll talk golf a little down the road. Good luck qualifying. Started teaching my daughter to ski when she was 3 and now at 5 she's bookin' around. That'll be a great reason for you to get to the hills for some good wholesome fun. I've heard about the Ranch and I'd like to check it out.

Cool, we'll talk golf a little down the road. Good luck qualifying. Started teaching my daughter to ski when she was 3 and now at 5 she's bookin' around. That'll be a great reason for you to get to the hills for some good wholesome fun. I've heard about the Ranch and I'd like to check it out.

That's when I was thinking of getting her started. I'll pull her around next winter, but 2012/13 I'll start taking her somewhere. It can't come soon enough, I can't wait. I wish there was a better beginner hill around here. Blandford really was great for a kid. I had a blast skiing around the bare spots in the 70's :lol: I'm going to check out the place in Haverhill - Bradford. Nashoba is actually too step for a beginner hill IMO. Wachusett is a ****show, fun little mountain but not as a family weekender IMO. Crotched is pretty good but over an hour away.

Great Trout/Salmon fishing here in MBY, have done the fish/ski daily double as well. New England is a great place to live.

I'm trying to remember the year, must have been 95-96?? We skied Attitash on their last ski day. They had piles of snow, feet of it, must have been early May??I think they just had to close because it was no longer profitable I guess.

That's when I was thinking of getting her started. I'll pull her around next winter, but 2012/13 I'll start taking her somewhere. It can't come soon enough, I can't wait. I wish there was a better beginner hill around here. Blandford really was great for a kid. I had a blast skiing around the bare spots in the 70's :lol: I'm going to check out the place in Haverhill - Bradford. Nashoba is actually too step for a beginner hill IMO. Wachusett is a ****show, fun little mountain but not as a family weekender IMO. Crotched is pretty good but over an hour away.

It's tough work at first, then when they get going by themselves you cringe a bit as you realize you've created a tiny tot projectile.lol Very rewarding. I'll never forget when, after 3 runs on the Magic Carpet she said "Dad, I want to go on the chairlift up there." while pointing at the top. Warms my heart just thinking about that.

It's tough work at first, then when they get going by themselves you cringe a bit as you realize you've created a tiny tot projectile.lol Very rewarding. I'll never forget when, after 3 runs on the Magic Carpet she said "Dad, I want to go on the chairlift up there." while pointing at the top. Warms my heart just thinking about that.

Yeah, I went through it with my 3 nieces. but they were a bit older when we got them started, 7-8. It's fun though. We used to go away for a week every year and I'd play Uncle ski instructor. It certainly was tough work. My wife's pretty good too and was a big help too.

That's a pretty awesome story. Sounds like she has the right attitude for the mountain. At this point the thought of my daughter just saying "Dad" warms my heart.

You are on my bad list now

j/k

Agreed due to the crowds. Otherwise a perfect little beginner mountain. Bradford should be good and close by

You are on my bad list now

j/k

Agreed due to the crowds. Otherwise a perfect little beginner mountain. Bradford should be good and close by

awe, I'm on too many bad lists can't afford anymore.....

I'm just thinking of the weekend crowds and 3-4 yr old super beginner. I love WaWa, Great mountain and will be our place when she gets to be 7,8 etc. I think it's a great beginner mountain. I should have clarified super beginner. I've never been to Bradford but might go check it out next week myself.

Archived