• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Left arrow issue

Has anyone else noticed an issue with IE7 & the site? My employer forces us to use Exploder v7 and I've noticed that if I'm adding or typing a reply and use the left arrow, IE thinks I'm pressing the back button and it goes back a page. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's very annoying and only happens on this site.

You can use the left/right arrow keys to navigate pages in a thread. Old versions of Internet explorer don't disable this when moving around in a text box, apparently.

Unfortunately, it's still doing it with Explorer 8.0, generally when I'm proofing a completed post prior to hitting the "add reply" button and use the left arrow to move the cursor to something needing correction, at which point the "page back" follows and the post is lost. However, at home we recently replaced our antidiluvian Dell (which had the same issue) with a Gateway with Windows 7, and it hasn't occurred (yet) on that machine.

Unfortunately, it's still doing it with Explorer 8.0, generally when I'm proofing a completed post prior to hitting the "add reply" button and use the left arrow to move the cursor to something needing correction, at which point the "page back" follows and the post is lost. However, at home we recently replaced our antidiluvian Dell (which had the same issue) with a Gateway with Windows 7, and it hasn't occurred (yet) on that machine.

If you were typing for more than 60 seconds, just go back to the reply screen and at the bottom you'll see "View Auto Saved Content" You can get your post back.

If you were typing for more than 60 seconds, just go back to the reply screen and at the bottom you'll see "View Auto Saved Content" You can get your post back.

Ah, so that's how you get that back! I've learned something tonight, too! Thanks Scott!

--Turtle

Archived