• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July 19-31 2012 Severe thread

Buckeye05

First time I recall seeing a singular D8 outlook...

Also, am in Manitoba currently and in a MDT risk of svr storms from the PSPC. Winds are backed SSE to SE currently and they mention Southern and Central Manitoba having the highest tornado threat today...

Discrete supercell has developed moving towards the Regina, Saskatchewan metro with a severe thunderstorm warning on it right now.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR:

R.M. OF HILLSBOROUGH INCLUDING CRESTWYND AND OLD WIVES LAKE

R.M. OF BAILDON INCLUDING BRIERCREST

R.M. OF LAKE JOHNSON INCLUDING MOSSBANK AND ARDILL

R.M. OF TERRELL INCLUDING SPRING VALLEY AND CARDROSS.

AT 3:40 PM ENVIRONMENT CANADA METEOROLOGISTS ARE TRACKING A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZED HAIL AND

WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 90 KM/HOUR.

THIS STORM IS LOCATED 10 KILOMETRES NORTHEAST OF MOSSBANK

MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 KM/HOUR.

post-277-0-22769400-1342908164_thumb.png

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=XBE&type=C0R

Next weekend (8/3/12-8/512) looks very interesting for the northern plains. Having seen a shortwave like that for what seems like an eternity. I realize its early, but I'm staying optimistic on this one. All models are now showing this, with the GFS being the most aggressive. :popcorn:

I too just started looking at this shortwave. I am really hoping for this one, as I will be moved into Grand Forks, ND by August 1st. We have to get our furniture delivered the morning of the 3rd, but Saturday the 4th looks very promising in the eastern Dakotas. I could use getting my first ND tornado the weekend after I move there. Shear looks great, moisture looks fantastic, instability looks great... but, its 200+ hours out still. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

What I like the most is that the best upper level support syncs up well with the best CAPE and moisture. I can't count how many Northern Plains setups got us all excited despite the best wind/shear parameters being post-frontal. Can't count on it staying as nice as it looks now though by any means.

What I like the most is that the best upper level support syncs up well with the best CAPE and moisture. I can't count how many Northern Plains setups got us all excited despite the best wind/shear parameters being post-frontal. Can't count on it staying as nice as it looks now though by any means.

Agreed.... I refuse to get overly excited until we are a couple days out and everything is in phase.

Still some real potential now that we're all the way within 200 hours for the system. Eastern ND/SD looks the best for Friday, 8/3 with the threat shifting into MN/IA/IL areas possibly on Saturday. Still watching it closely as the GFS is still putting it out there... just moving it along faster.

Archived