• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Moved to Pocahontas County

chris21

I'll be reporting from the mountains of Pocahontas County this winter. Currently am living at 3800' near Snowshoe (don't even need an air conditioner) but will most likely be moving in a month or so a little further south. Took a year long job with Americorps VISTA that is difficult but very rewarding. Anyways, the board will have one more reporter from west of the Allegheny front this winter...thinking of starting a weather blog. Nothing too interesting so far other than a lot of rain this past weekend. The temp has dipped into the 30's three times since I moved here in late May.

I'll be reporting from the mountains of Pocahontas County this winter. Currently am living at 3800' near Snowshoe (don't even need an air conditioner) but will most likely be moving in a month or so a little further south. Took a year long job with Americorps VISTA that is difficult but very rewarding. Anyways, the board will have one more reporter from west of the Allegheny front this winter...thinking of starting a weather blog. Nothing too interesting so far other than a lot of rain this past weekend. The temp has dipped into the 30's three times since I moved here in late May.

awesome love the micro climate up there. Looking foward to your obs

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys! I'm working with an organization that fights child abuse and coming from DC there was certainly some culture shock when I first started working, but I'm enjoying my time here more and more every day (one of the main cases I was working on came to a positive conclusion today). I've always loved this area and though I just received my graduate degree is in European history (not really related to social work), I've always wanted to give back to the community and felt this was the right time. As for the weather blog, I'm planning on starting it within the next few weeks, so I'll be sure to post a link!

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys! I'm working with an organization that fights child abuse and coming from DC there was certainly some culture shock when I first started working, but I'm enjoying my time here more and more every day (one of the main cases I was working on came to a positive conclusion today). I've always loved this area and though I just received my graduate degree is in European history (not really related to social work), I've always wanted to give back to the community and felt this was the right time. As for the weather blog, I'm planning on starting it within the next few weeks, so I'll be sure to post a link!

Thanks,

Chris

Wow that is great to hear. Good Luck out there to you Chris. First snowfall in 2 months :P

hope you do a blog or a FB page for the wx out there and pics and such. What town are you actually living in? You picked a great spot for cool summers and nice upslope LES. check out Spruce Knob too, you can drive almost to the top. Highest point in WV.

congrats on the new gig too :thumbsup:

Archived