• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
over/under for Saturday's (7/7) highs around area

Thunder Road

Just wondering what the Mt Holly area heat advisory index numbers are for issuing advisories? Down here in SC it is 110. What is it in PA and NJ??

Thanks

post-105-0-83121600-1341627415_thumb.jpg

Kalkstein procedures refers to the Kalkstein heat study that was done regarding Philly. It's been linked in this subforum a few times.

With all the MPO discussion going on here, I'd like to know. Did the morning low yesterday (7/6) really get down to 48 degrees at Mount Pocono? If so that's unbelievable considering the current heatwave over the area.

yes. that "cool" front that came through on Thursday morning did a number on the dew points and allowed everyone from Quakertown north to radiate out Thursday night. Was in the 50's in Q-town yesterday AM.

yes. that "cool" front that came through on Thursday morning did a number on the dew points and allowed everyone from Quakertown north to radiate out Thursday night. Was in the 50's in Q-town yesterday AM.

Thanks. I knew it was cooler than the previous nights, but I didn't think anyone actually could get down into the 40's. Pretty impressive!

Some of the old thermometers were a bit suspect...that 111 in Phoenixville from 1936 has always been one that I felt was off by at least a few.

Yep, that's always bothered me for something as significant as a state record. I think Philly was 103 that day which

makes 111 in P-ville quite unlikely. Unless it's due to less heat island effect in 1936... :lmao:

Highs today thru 5pm:

PHL 101

ABE 99

TTN 100

EWR 102

ACY 100

ILG 101

MPO 89

Looks like Parsley was the closest to the actual temps for the day.

PHL 98.5 over 101

ABE 95.5 over 99

TTN 97.5 over 101

EWR 99.5 over 101

ACY 96.5 over 101

ILG 97.5 over 102

MPO 88.5 over 90

Well the over's certainly took it this time. I was just a bit too hesitant with some of those numbers. And congrats to Parsley, who I guess we'll assume is the winner?

There is a winner for these things, right?

To quote Frank Barone, "What contest in hell did that person win?"

100F here at home, severe weather got in the way yesterday of answering this, just wondering if this was the first time Philadelphia hit 100F or greater and did not break a daily record.

To quote Frank Barone, "What contest in hell did that person win?"

100F here at home, severe weather got in the way yesterday of answering this, just wondering if this was the first time Philadelphia hit 100F or greater and did not break a daily record.

Hey Tony - hope all is well.....

Yesterday marked the 8th time Philly has recorded 100(+) & did not break or tie the daily record, chart below lists the dates 100(+) have been recorded on multiple occasions. 101 is the highest temp recorded that did not break or tie a record. The consectutive 103 / 104 days back in 1936 took out 3 subsequent 100 degree days.

post-1715-0-96510900-1341752204_thumb.jp

Hey Tony - hope all is well.....

Yesterday marked the 8th time Philly has recorded 100(+) & did not break or tie the daily record, chart below lists the dates 100(+) have been recorded on multiple occasions. 101 is the highest temp recorded that did not break or tie a record. The consectutive 103 / 104 days back in 1936 took out 3 subsequent 100 degree days.

Carl,

All is well, hopefully the same by you. Thanks would have never thought it would have been 8, and wow the first time since 1993. Upper 80s never looked so good.

Archived