Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
over/under for Friday's (6/29) highs around area

phlwx

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's high was the first day that actually exceeded 90 degrees in NW Chesco with a high of 90.5....2 other days had a high of 89.8 (so 3 - 90+ days this season) Rainfall yesterday between both events was 0.40".

Still confident this will NOT be a warm summer overall and expect I will not even record 10 days above 90 this season.

Paul

92.1 high in NW Chesco yesterday. Davis was showing a 77 DP last evening - I thought that seemed high. Inside temp seems to run 3-4 degrees too high as well.

.12" of rain from 11 PM storm last evening, again very little wind.

Yes, my Davis indoor temps also run high against the liquid-in-glass thermometers I also have inside.

The outdoor temps seem to work better. I'm 2 miles from Elko Airport and about 20 feet higher and the Davis here reads just about identical to it during the day. Night is a different story but that's likely a result of terrain influences.

Since they replaced the thermometer at TTN, my parents' Davis tends to run a bit warmer during the day, but still can get colder at night, the latter difference likely also terrain-induced. Yesterday afternoon TTN and the Davis were identical, though.

Yes, my Davis indoor temps also run high against the liquid-in-glass thermometers I also have inside.

The outdoor temps seem to work better. I'm 2 miles from Elko Airport and about 20 feet higher and the Davis here reads just about identical to it during the day. Night is a different story but that's likely a result of terrain influences.

Since they replaced the thermometer at TTN, my parents' Davis tends to run a bit warmer during the day, but still can get colder at night, the latter difference likely also terrain-induced. Yesterday afternoon TTN and the Davis were identical, though.

I've had the davis vp2 for about 5 years and can say its outdoor temp measurements are very accurate, usually within a degree of the CNJ ASOS stations during the day. Night time can bring major differences due to elevation/terrain as you said.

My dew point yesterday topped out at 75, most of the day was 72-73. Today was significantly drier with 60-64 dews mostly.

0z NAM MOS has 98 for KPHL and 100 for KPNE tomorrow. The 0z RAP is showing 100-105 at 18z already on its 0z run.

The GEM cloud forecast (albeit from 12z, the 0z doesn't come in for another hour or so) has us clear until 19z tomorrow, then some light debris through 21z. Of course cloud forecasts at 24+ hours in this environment are probably just as good as convection forecasts, but people at Valpo say the GEM cloud forecast tends to perform rather well, so we'll see. Perhaps a bump up in high temps with the morning package?

Archived