• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Friday Slight Risk In Del Val

phlwx

I'll go with the odds & guess that a Severe Thunderstorm Watch is not issued. It sure does "feel" like thunderstorm weather, though. I just doubt anything will be quite severe, though maybe this really should go in the banter thread.

Ehh, there's synoptics behind this. Def some good discussion and solid weather information sharing going on.

Ehh, there's synoptics behind this. Def some good discussion and solid weather information sharing going on.

Oh, most definitely! I was talking about my post and not the thread in general. My own post was probably too bantery for this thread since I said "feels" like thunderstorm weather as opposed to offering any analysis.

doesn't look good for severe storms or many t-storms. Never a good sign as long as i have lived here when storms from the west move east and weaken is never good. Unless later on we tape better dynamics just dont see much of anything noteworthy. The cape and LI are increasing but just seems like their is no ignitor to get the storms going

doesn't look good for severe storms or many t-storms. Never a good sign as long as i have lived here when storms from the west move east and weaken is never good. Unless later on we tape better dynamics just dont see much of anything noteworthy. The cape and LI are increasing but just seems like their is no ignitor to get the storms going

I think the best chance will be with the cluster NW of state college.

I think the best chance will be with the cluster NW of state college.

yea the ruc and nam are still holding on with the storm idea later on. Though once past 7 we lose the sun, so its gotta be solely driven by the impulse. Some of the short range models like the hrrr do increase the coverage of shear a little as the night goes so we shall see if that helps.

those storms should hold their intensity if not get a little stronger through 8pm. After that it will be interesting to see how things pan out with the loss of the heating, but we will have the trigger to continue to keep storms going with some instability left over Bulk shear has increased over the region 25-30, LI in the -5 to -7 range and cape is 1500-2500 range. I think its going to be mainly a heavy rain threat with some thunder and lightning with maybe a cell or two warned. Hail parameters are bleak, freeze level is pretty high up and lapse rates are really that great either.

Archived