• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17 CWG article on the impact of the negative PNA

usedtobe

Great article Wes. It would be interesting to see what the driest combination is. I would think that the -ao/+pna would have the least precipitation overall even though it has the most snow but that's just a wag.

I don't know if it's just weenie optimism on my part but I would have to assume that the odds are against having a +ao/nao through the entire month of Feb. No pattern can last forever and considering that we've had pretty much a +ao/nao combo since the beginning of November it's not unrealistic to think that it will break in the near future.

Nice article Wes. Looks like there is rain in the forecast for SF for the next week straight. Could affect field conditions Sunday I suppose.

I don't know who that would favor. I was really happy with the scatter diagram. I also did one for the NAO and the PNA and found similar results but the -AO is actually a little more robust than a -NAO and a postive PNA is also a big deal....a bigger deal than a negative NAO. That surprised me.

I don't know who that would favor. I was really happy with the scatter diagram. I also did one for the NAO and the PNA and found similar results but the -AO is actually a little more robust than a -NAO and a postive PNA is also a big deal....a bigger deal than a negative NAO. That surprised me.

Wes - I really liked the chart. I just posted it to our Facebook page to give it some more eyeballs :) - Jason

Great article Wes. It would be interesting to see what the driest combination is. I would think that the -ao/+pna would have the least precipitation overall even though it has the most snow but that's just a wag.

I don't know if it's just weenie optimism on my part but I would have to assume that the odds are against having a +ao/nao through the entire month of Feb. No pattern can last forever and considering that we've had pretty much a +ao/nao combo since the beginning of November it's not unrealistic to think that it will break in the near future.

I thinnk we see a negative Ao for part of Feb but I also think the PNA may be negative more than positive. That's the typical la nina look especially in February. That's why Don S. is still on the warm train.

Archived