• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pattern Change.

SpartyOn

We got the cold air, just need to get the right blocking or setup. January 2002 had a huge torch followed by a major storm for parts of the MW after the torch.

I find sometimes the biggest storms come just after a torch. take February 1994 for example. There wasa torch around the 18th and 19th, followed by a return to cold air. The incoming cold air (I assume) collided with warm air in the plains and formed the big storm that hit Toronto and Ottawa on February 23rd, 1994. I well remember that storm as Scouts was cancelled and traffic lights were out.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing I didn't put any gas in the sled and shell out $45 for a permit. There are tons of people up here due to there isn't good riding snow anywhere else and it is still early winter riding conditions here. I am sure after this weekend the trails are tore up. I can't believe I seen 4 sleds crossing the canal. That ice isn't very think. I can see water in their tracks. I am surprise no one fell through the ice this weekend. NWS forecasting to get up to 35. Most times they say 35 it gets up into the 40's. I have lost the mat on my driveway three times so far this winter. The Tech students are starting to make the snow statues. Wonder if they will hold up for Winter Carnival that is scheduled in early February? The only good thing is that my gas bill is a lot lower this year.

Good thing I didn't put any gas in the sled and shell out $45 for a permit. There are tons of people up here due to there isn't good riding snow anywhere else and it is still early winter riding conditions here. I am sure after this weekend the trails are tore up. I can't believe I seen 4 sleds crossing the canal. That ice isn't very think. I can see water in their tracks. I am surprise no one fell through the ice this weekend. NWS forecasting to get up to 35. Most times they say 35 it gets up into the 40's. I have lost the mat on my driveway three times so far this winter. The Tech students are starting to make the snow statues. Wonder if they will hold up for Winter Carnival that is scheduled in early February? The only good thing is that my gas bill is a lot lower this year.

your loss.. hope you make it alive another yr to enjoy the sport next yr.

Generally average to above average, with any sig torch/cold events being limited to a few days. I have 12hr increments at 500/700/850/surface through 762hrs.

Most sig/long lasting cold shot is Jan. 16-20th. Looks like a -PNA signal in early Feb.

bump

the 12z ecmwf was actually similar to this...

sig cold exits tomorrow(20th), with the -pna showing up to end the month. it does have a -nao signal too though.

Archived