• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2-4th Snow?

Snow_Miser

Since multiple models are now showing this potential, I decided that I probably should create a thread for it.

Today's 12z Guidance suggested that a weak clipper system could be moving through the area come the d7-d8 timeframe (Friday-Saturday)

gfs_namer_183_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

The 12z GFS showed a weak clipper with a little bit of precip moving through, and it would probably be cold enough to snow in this timeframe.

The 12z ECMWF also showed a similar batch of precip moving through the area, and that would bring light snow to the area.

post-3451-0-71692900-1322256554.png

The ECMWF would have slightly heavier precip than the GFS with this clipper, but not by much.

The 6z DGEX showed an unlikely solution, and that is a coastal that goes over the BM.

f186.gif

The teleconnections are not terrible for this timeframe per the CPC. The PNA looks to be netural-positive, the NAO looks to be netural-negative, and the AO looks to be netural. However, at this time it does not look like as if anything big will pop out of this. Some flakes in the air would be nice next weekend though.

yup, as are all the mid december people as the alaskan death low is coming back around then.

Meh......with no blocking are only hope is a quick hitting snowfall.......think december is basically a wash.....that low is coming back.....going suck if it takes 4 weeks to shove it away for 3 days

Meh......with no blocking are only hope is a quick hitting snowfall.......think december is basically a wash.....that low is coming back.....going suck if it takes 4 weeks to shove it away for 3 days

Quick hitting snowfalls are nice . I'm not giving up on December. I believe we will have a slow start and finish strong . :)

If the PNA ridge, was in a perfect position, like over the Northern Rockies, we might stand a better chance at significant snow event on Dec. 5-6. But GEFS and Euro ensembles keep it mostly west of Rockies, allowing for the trough to dig further west. Making it mostly a SWFE, without blocking.

this. that threat is a dud.

If you got 10 inches that December they sure as hell weren't snow inches.

maybe it was February? there was a swfe where we radiated to like 22 overnight and the storm came in early as they always do and I had about 10 inches, i have to look that up, it was the only storm worth talking about that winter.

maybe it was February? there was a swfe where we radiated to like 22 overnight and the storm came in early as they always do and I had about 10 inches, i have to look that up, it was the only storm worth talking about that winter.

February is right. Had almost 7 here and was basically the only storm. There were a few inches from a storm several days prior but that turned to rain and was washed away the next day. That was pretty much the whole winter. Watching Boston get 175 inches of snow that winter made it hurt even more.

Archived