• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Chrome Weirdness

HurricaneJosh

I use Chrome and today it upgraded or something, and now there are issues using this forum.

Every time I load a new page, I get a yellow bar at the top saying "An additional plug-in is required to display some elements on this page." When I click "Install plug-in...", nothing happens. When I click "Problems installing?", I get some long, annoying page with lots of text, telling me to download plugins for Windows Media Player and Java. Inexplicably, the Windows Media Player plugin is for Firefox, which I don't even use.

Any ideas why this is happening-- no matter what page I try to view on this forum?

I've been a big fan of Chrome for a long time, but there are so many bugs. Josh you may have two flash plug ins running, Try this:

Go to the wrench in upper right hand corner

Options

Under the Hood

Content Settings

Plug In

If you have two of the same version running, click on "disable" on one of them

Thanks! I tried that and I'm not seeing any duplicates. So puzzling. I've actually never had a problem with Chrome up to now-- has worked like a charm for me.

I've been a big fan of Chrome for a long time, but there are so many bugs. Josh you may have two flash plug ins running, Try this:

Go to the wrench in upper right hand corner

Options

Under the Hood

Content Settings

Plug In

If you have two of the same version running, click on "disable" on one of them

I have been having the same issue as Josh as well with the double postings. I did the steps which you listed, however, it doesn't appear I have multiple plug ins of the same version.

post-443-0-80628600-1320294182.jpg

Archived