• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feature Request - Like button

mattb65

Not sure if this is the right place to request features and if not, please delete or move this post.

I think it would be a great add on to let users "like" a post by a user to recognize a particularly useful post. I did some preliminary research and it seems like this mod is available via the rep system built into this board.

IP Board Like Feature

There's another forum I'm a member of with a "like" button similar to Facebook for each post. Likes don't get counted into any rep system, they just appear at the bottom of the post. If this board software has that, it would be a pretty nice tool to have. It sucks that the rep system on Eastern was abused by a few immature people, though, because it was a pretty good idea.

There's another forum I'm a member of with a "like" button similar to Facebook for each post. Likes don't get counted into any rep system, they just appear at the bottom of the pYuost. If this board software has that, it would be a pretty nice tool to have. It sucks that the rep system on Eastern was abused by a few immature people, though, because it was a pretty good idea.

Yeah, your post is exactly what I had in mind. Having it tied to a users individual reputation leaves it way too open to abuse. I've also seen other boards that just have a thank you button people can click for posts they appreciate.

Archived