• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Hurricane season

Lady in red

Damn skippy. Although to be perfectly honest, im a fan of death and destruction. F*ck morality. Lol

Bad BxEngine. :D

P.S. Thanks again for offering help on my chase. :wub:

that was my first hurricane and I loved it even though it was generally weaker when it got here. what an adrenaline rush with the wind gusts & the power flashes/etc.

sign me up to chase one of those beasts.

Oh, I hear ya. I got hooked at an early age.

that was my first hurricane and I loved it even though it was generally weaker when it got here. what an adrenaline rush with the wind gusts & the power flashes/etc.

It was pretty cool, definitely. At the risk of pissing josh off, though....the winds at the height of the christmas blizzard seemed more....surreal i guess. But the entire package, of even just a strong TS, is cool as hell. But ill take any weather thats not boring.

Bad BxEngine. :D

P.S. Thanks again for offering help on my chase. :wub:

Oh, I hear ya. I got hooked at an early age.

No problem....had it been as bad as it could have been, i was probably in a very good position to get you anything you needed lol...one of the perks of the job.

We got to see the bronx river, and also the LI sound up close saturday night at work (they had extra apparatus staged in the south bronx in low lying areas)...seeing the water just continually rise was insane.

It was pretty cool, definitely. At the risk of pissing josh off, though....the winds at the height of the christmas blizzard seemed more....surreal i guess. But the entire package, of even just a strong TS, is cool as hell. But ill take any weather thats not boring.

Of course you're not pissing me off.

Here's the deal, though: not to take away from it, but what you guys had was hardly a hurricane, in the true sense. In fact, neither of you saw hurricane winds. When you're in a real one, trust me, it's plenty surreal.

I grew up on Long Island and had been in a few Northeast 'canes before I'd been in a Texan one, and it was in the Texan one that I was like, "Oooooooh, so this is what a hurricane is like..." It's just very different down there.

No problem....had it been as bad as it could have been, i was probably in a very good position to get you anything you needed lol...one of the perks of the job.

We got to see the bronx river, and also the LI sound up close saturday night at work (they had extra apparatus staged in the south bronx in low lying areas)...seeing the water just continually rise was insane.

Yeah, the surge was impressive-- from my vantage point, the most impressive part of the storm.

The winds at JFK and LGA weren't bad.

I agree.... but it's still fun trolling Josh. ;)

Archived