• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
London Ont. lake effect event

London snowsquall

This is getting in uncharted territory. At least a foot since last night. Here's some pics from last night. I'm a computer moron so hopefully this works. Lots more snow now........

My link

Nice photos Alan. This one here is especially illustrative of how much snow you've seen:

img0049ki.jpg

Probably tainted a bit by drifting, but that looks like 2.5 feet easy. I don't know if you're doing requests, but if you happen to be in any intense snowfall rates, be a pal and take a few shots of those. :)

Awesome pics. This is rivaling the 1977 outbreak for sure.

I wish I had taken some pics of the intense band that went through Mitchell for a while last night. The radar returns of that band were incredible. It was neat watching it meander through the countryside last night. I only experienced it for about half an hour, I can see why there are reports of 114 cm of snow in Lucan this morning because that thing sat over top of that little town pretty much the night.

Wow, thanks for sharing those pictures! Which area of London is that?

SNOWFALL REPORTS AS OF 10 AM TODAY AND FALLEN SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT,

EXCEPT FOR LUCAN WHICH HAS RECEIVED A STAGGERING 114 CM REPORTED AT

6 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------

LOCATION SNOWFALL AMOUNTS (CM SNOW)

LONDON 60-75

LONDON AIPORT 65 (APPROXIMATELY)

SOUTHEAST OF LONDON 85-95

LUCAN (NORTHWEST OF LONDON) 124

DORCHESTER (EAST OF LONDON) 42

Wow, thanks for sharing those pictures! Which area of London is that?

SNOWFALL REPORTS AS OF 10 AM TODAY AND FALLEN SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT,

EXCEPT FOR LUCAN WHICH HAS RECEIVED A STAGGERING 114 CM REPORTED AT

6 AM.

-------------------------------------------------------------

LOCATION SNOWFALL AMOUNTS (CM SNOW)

LONDON 60-75

LONDON AIPORT 65 (APPROXIMATELY)

SOUTHEAST OF LONDON 85-95

LUCAN (NORTHWEST OF LONDON) 124

DORCHESTER (EAST OF LONDON) 42

Thanks for the comments guys.

We're in the southwest part of the city, so I'm guessing the total here is over 100 cms. This snowsquall event is kinda unique in that it seems almost all parts of the city were being nailed. Often the official readings at the airport are some of the lowest totals you would show because it is in the extreme east end of the city and the biggest totals are often in the west end for lake snows at least.

The bands this time seemed to move from one end of the city to the other end and then back again on a continual cycle. Not sure how the airport only showed 65 and the southeast is at 90, but it's all a lot regardless. More pics to come soon that I took this morning.

Hopefully all the areas that are yet to see much, get in on the action soon.

A few more pics taken this morning. Some of the shots are approx. the same angle except 12 hours later. My son had the day off school again, so he used the neighbour's snowblower and we helped out some of our 60 year+ neighbours. The younger ones were on their own. :P

My link

Awesome Alan. Is that you in the driveway? You look like you're having a blast (as would I if I was in the same circumstances). Damn blades of grass are already poking through here in Etobicoke.

Awesome Alan. Is that you in the driveway? You look like you're having a blast (as would I if I was in the same circumstances). Damn blades of grass are already poking through here in Etobicoke.

You know it's rough when you have to wear snow goggles to throw snow. I'm jealous. laugh.gif

If it's the picture of the guy with the snowshovel - that's my retired neighbour. He's not nearly as enthusiastic about snow as this board is..............

The guy with the snowblower is my son. The goggles are a necessity when the wind is blowing. I've been working him in his time off. We've just discovered he's off for his 3rd straight day tomorrow - so he's texting his sister who is in school in eastern Ont. to rub it in!

Nice pic! Does London usually see a lot of lake effect?

Thanks. My link from this morning shows the real effect of almost 3 days of constant moderate lake effect A town from just north of London has had almost 60 inches since Sunday.

As for how much we see it depends on a reasonably moist NW flow. In general it's probably good for at least 30% of our total or 25+ inches a year.

Archived