• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Foliage Question

Parsley

To those of you who can help, I was wondering when peak leaf color occurs around Lake George. My online research shows that on a normal year its roughly between Oct 10th-20th. Is this legit? Since I'm planning a visit and a several day stay in the area I'd rather catch the leaves "nearing" peak, rather at peak or shortly thereafter since one wind storm could wipe the color away.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks for the information. I figured with the major flucuations in elevation over a small distance in that region I'd catch good color somewhere.....as long as its not too late into October. I was targeting Oct 13th-17th, maybe a week or so earlier is a better bet. I just need to avoid Columbus Day weekend, if possible. That would put me at Oct. 1st-2nd weekend......hopefully not too early.

Thanks for the information. I figured with the major flucuations in elevation over a small distance in that region I'd catch good color somewhere.....as long as its not too late into October. I was targeting Oct 13th-17th, maybe a week or so earlier is a better bet. I just need to avoid Columbus Day weekend, if possible. That would put me at Oct. 1st-2nd weekend......hopefully not too early.

I think the earlier in October you go the better even if it is the 1-2. If you go the 13th-17th it may be a bit too late. Maybe not though.

I live here. IMO............First week of Oct around the valley (Lk. George Vil.) Last week of Sept. with any elevation or points N&W of there

Awesome! Thanks for your help everyone, I've moved up my panned getaway up to the first week of October. Can't wait to see all the sights.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived