• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Wichita Mountains

Sweet pics of an awesome and very underrated place! Really like the wide-angle shot of the Narrows (#4). Must've been a workout at 105 F...

I was already considering heading down that way for night/star trail shots this week with the full moon, and I think this gave me the extra motivation I needed... may actually check out that Narrows area for night ops for the first time. :thumbsup:

Sweet pics of an awesome and very underrated place! Really like the wide-angle shot of the Narrows (#4). Must've been a workout at 105 F...

I was already considering heading down that way for night/star trail shots this week with the full moon, and I think this gave me the extra motivation I needed... may actually check out that Narrows area for night ops for the first time. :thumbsup:

Thanks Brett! Yeah, I was actually much more impressed with the Wichitas than I expected to be. Number 4 is my favorite as well. I loved the Narrows and while we were too wiped to even drive up Mount Scott I think you'll get some amazing shots there at night.

Did you go get a Meersburger on your trip? Delicious :wub:

The views from the top of Elk Mountain and in Charon's garden are really amazing. You can scramble up some huge boulders up there and it's a unique experience. Can't believe you did it in 105 degree wx though. That must've been rough.

Did you go get a Meersburger on your trip? Delicious :wub:

The views from the top of Elk Mountain and in Charon's garden are really amazing. You can scramble up some huge boulders up there and it's a unique experience. Can't believe you did it in 105 degree wx though. That must've been rough.

I did. Delicious burger! Took a few pictures of their interesting menu too. :lol: Apparently me liking ketchup on my burger makes me a "YANKEE". :blush: Would love to get back there at some point when it isn't quite so hot.

I did. Delicious burger! Took a few pictures of their interesting menu too. :lol: Apparently me liking ketchup on my burger makes me a "YANKEE". :blush: Would love to get back there at some point when it isn't quite so hot.

lol, I think the menu said something derogatory about me too since I take mine with mayo.

did they still have the 20-something cats on the front porch?

lol, I think the menu said something derogatory about me too since I take mine with mayo.

did they still have the 20-something cats on the front porch?

:lol: They do. Well, we didn't actually see them but there are still the little signs about their rattlesnake-hunting crew of cats. I'm already craving another fresh-raised burger..

Archived