• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JULY 4 2010 100+ degrees 40s dewpoints

CAT5ANDREW

I was down in San Antonio, TX when that occured and down there it was 95 F with dewpoint near 70 F and was there for 4 days and when I first got there there was tropical downpours. When I came back on the 5th it was in the upper 90's with dewpoints 50-55 range which you don't see that here too often. The following day it was 100 or 101 with dewpoints near 60.

This was like my first time experiencing dry heat (well...sort of), it was nothing. It was cool actually being passed 100 as opposed to just the heat index. It felt good, I don't know how people complain like it's Hell, I've felt 90's that were WAY hotter.

Last July 4th,my temp was 103 but my dewpoint was 43.I have never seen that combo in my lifetime here.That had to be a once in 50 year type of occurence.

It was the opposite of JULY 15 1995 where I had a 104/82 combo.

Last summer has to go into the hall of fame of summers. 1995 was hot but I will never hold it in the same high regard because it never reached 100 here. My three top summers are 2010, 1993 and 1999 in that order.

This was like my first time experiencing dry heat (well...sort of), it was nothing. It was cool actually being passed 100 as opposed to just the heat index. It felt good, I don't know how people complain like it's Hell, I've felt 90's that were WAY hotter.

I agree-- that was the perfect summer weather!

Last summer has to go into the hall of fame of summers. 1995 was hot but I will never hold it in the same high regard because it never reached 100 here. My three top summers are 2010, 1993 and 1999 in that order.

I thought July 15 pretty much went over 100 everywhere from Dutchess County on south.

Nah, upper 90s (98 I think at JFK) around here.

I believe there were sw winds that day so thats probably why you didnt reach 100.With the 80+ dews though and upper 90s temp it was still horrible no matter where you were.

Archived