• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Colorado Mountain Scenery - Pikes Peak (14,110 ft elevation)

Had a 3-day weekend in Denver, main reason going was Tigers games Sat/Sun, but did sightseeing Friday. Its funny, because the areas near DIA airport is actually VERY dull and unattractive, just rolling prairie. But when you get closer to downtown the mountain skyline is awesome, and going up Pikes Peak was the most beautiful thing Id ever seen! Old drifts of snow were at about 10,000 feet, and at the very top it was snowing! We actually timed it just right, as a few flurries had been apparently falling but when we got there it was a bonified snow squall that coated the ground about 0.1". Didnt really enjoy it though as I was so dizzy with the 14,110 feet elevation.

2837-800.jpg

2838-800.jpg

2839-800.jpg

2840-800.jpg

2841-800.jpg

2842-800.jpg

2843-800.jpg

2844-800.jpg

2845-800.jpg

2846-800.jpg

Nice shots! I drove down through Colorado Springs this past weekend to go rafting on the Arkansas. Nice geography down there. I need to get up on Pikes at some point, though I'll probably hike it when I do!

I could never hike it, lol I wouldnt be able to breathe (im a non-smoker btw). The altitude is something to get used to!

I've lived here almost two years and havent gone up Pikes just yet. I will, someday. Glad you had a great time! You were able to catch a little snow up there, but in terms of clear skies, this past weekend was probably the worst out of them all over the last month. Nice shots though! :D

Had a 3-day weekend in Denver, main reason going was Tigers games Sat/Sun, but did sightseeing Friday. Its funny, because the areas near DIA airport is actually VERY dull and unattractive, just rolling prairie. But when you get closer to downtown the mountain skyline is awesome, and going up Pikes Peak was the most beautiful thing Id ever seen! Old drifts of snow were at about 10,000 feet, and at the very top it was snowing! We actually timed it just right, as a few flurries had been apparently falling but when we got there it was a bonified snow squall that coated the ground about 0.1". Didnt really enjoy it though as I was so dizzy with the 14,110 feet elevation.

2837-800.jpg

2838-800.jpg

2839-800.jpg

2840-800.jpg

2841-800.jpg

2842-800.jpg

2843-800.jpg

2844-800.jpg

2845-800.jpg

2846-800.jpg

You should have done Mount Evans.

You should have done Mount Evans.

I lived in Summit County from 92-99. Pikes is a great drive but I agree about Mt. Evans. Surrounding peaks are just beautiful.

One of the most stunning passes is Independence. Only open in the summer but the Sawatch range is just stunning. 14k+ peaks lined up and the views from both sides of the pass are unreal.

Archived