joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
00z Euro

earthlight

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before it starts, I can say this. The Euro weeklies released today develop a huge west based NAO block weeks 2-3 (absolutely textbook)..which would certainty send most people here through the roof with joy. In other news, the 00z Euro just initialized.

Low solar induced -NAO FTW. Things are going according to plan so far with temps. Now we just need some :snowman:

Before it starts, I can say this. The Euro weeklies released today develop a huge west based NAO block weeks 2-3 (absolutely textbook)..which would certainty send most people here through the roof with joy. In other news, the 00z Euro just initialized.

That's impressive. Pieces are falling in place, for storms to have more potential and for us to have the cold air.

Low solar induced -NAO FTW. Things are going according to plan so far with temps. Now we just need some :snowman:

Temperatures are going to be plenty cold this December but it'll be frustrating if we can't pick up any snow with the pattern being so frigid. It will be even more frustrating if we get a cutter around 12/12 after nearly two weeks of bitter cold, and then go right back to cold after the rainstorm ends. I'm liking the NAO tendency but we need to see a different pattern in the Pacific that either forces a classic PNA for coastal development off the NC Capes or that allows for an overrunning pattern into the arctic air. So far everything is being suppressed by the ULL over Maine.

Would like to see the positive trend continue. Saw models hinting at encouraging signs in the pattern that would hint at future potential. Loved the 0z GFS prediction for the pattern, sure was loaded with potential once this block relaxes. http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/00/fp0_216.shtml The evolution of the pattern predicted is beautiful. The positive PNA ridging really forces the cold into the eastern US and with a classic block in place along with STJ influence, the pattern is ripe. The blocking looks persistent, but everytime it relaxes watch out. December 10-15 looks like a suspect period.

Can't post the actual weeklies but I think it's worth saying that if that were to verify, Isotherm and I have agreed that he would probably cry tears of joy, Chris L would probably end up in the hospital after passing out, metfan would tell us that it is now winter, and most peoples winter forecasts would be in jeopardy of going up in flames. The block advertised continues strongly, and in classic fashion, through week 4 (January 3rd).

Can't post the actual weeklies but I think it's worth saying that if that were to verify, Isotherm and I have agreed that he would probably cry tears of joy, Chris L would probably end up in the hospital after passing out, metfan would tell us that it is now winter, and most peoples winter forecasts would be in jeopardy of going up in flames. The block advertised continues strongly, and in classic fashion, through week 4 (January 3rd).

LOL.

Well, I won't be in town from Dec 26th to Jan 1. I'll be in Lake Tahoe, (not a bad place either for snow :P)

So, let's hope we get it before then!

Christmas Blizzard FTW!!!!!!!!!

It might not go down in that exact fashion, but overall I believe the pattern will sure as hell not be horrid. We will definitely have our opportunities.

I think what's most impressive about the weeklies is how persistent and west based the block is pretty much post day 10. If this does come to fruition, it's safe to say we've entered some sort of multi-year cycle with an NAO averaging negative, and very favorable and persistent blocking. Many should recall how much we struggled for any semblance of blocking back in the late 2000 winters. It's been a complete blocking lockdown the past 12 months or so. It's becoming increasingly impressive.

Would like to see the positive trend continue. Saw models hinting at encouraging signs in the pattern that would hint at future potential. Loved the 0z GFS prediction for the pattern, sure was loaded with potential once this block relaxes. http://www.nco.ncep....0/fp0_216.shtml The evolution of the pattern predicted is beautiful. The positive PNA ridging really forces the cold into the eastern US and with a classic block in place along with STJ influence, the pattern is ripe. The blocking looks persistent, but everytime it relaxes watch out. December 10-15 looks like a suspect period.

A weak STJ, nothing like December 09-Feb '10.

I think what's most impressive about the weeklies is how persistent and west based the block is pretty much post day 10. If this does come to fruition, it's safe to say we've entered some sort of multi-year cycle with an NAO averaging negative, and very favorable and persistent blocking. Many should recall how much we struggled for any semblance of blocking back in the late 2000 winters. It's been a complete blocking lockdown the past 12 months or so. It's becoming increasingly impressive.

John,

How's the Pac looking on the Weeklies?

A weak STJ, nothing like December 09-Feb '10.

No but I am not expecting a repeat of that. Any relaxation of the block with some STJ influence or a vortmax dropping down into the trough could bring some prospects for snow. It beats the current pattern the next 6 days. The cold will be there, just need the moisture influence.

Archived