• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JB's take on clipper....pretty bullish

buckeye

Oh. still foolish to be predicting those amounts this far out.

I agree. It's hard to get a 6-10" 200 mile swath of snow from a southern system....much less a clipper. However, as J just posted, clippers are almost always overachievers here in columbus....it's one of the few lucky winterwx things we have going for us.

I think it has to do with the wx gods smiling on us because we named our triple A ball team The Columbus Clippers

My guess would be 3-4" widespread with some 6" lollipops....unless that darn southern trend keeps up...then it's congrats KY.

I agree. It's hard to get a 6-10" 200 mile swath of snow from a southern system....much less a clipper. However, as J just posted, clippers are almost always overachievers here in columbus....it's one of the few lucky winterwx things we have going for us.

I think it has to do with the wx gods smiling on us because we named our triple A ball team The Columbus Clippers

My guess would be 3-4" widespread with some 6" lollipops....unless that darn southern trend keeps up...then it's congrats KY.

I think it has to do with the Lakes and our location. Moisture-starved clippers come down and pick up some from the Lakes, and as they turn east, we seem to always end up in the deformation banding. Take a look at the radars for 1/14/2009 and 12/5/2007 and you can see what I mean. The banding sets up right over us and seems to hang out long after the low passes by.

I think it has to do with the Lakes and our location. Moisture-starved clippers come down and pick up some from the Lakes, and as they turn east, we seem to always end up in the deformation banding. Take a look at the radars for 1/14/2009 and 12/5/2007 and you can see what I mean. The banding sets up right over us and seems to hang out long after the low passes by.

i just realized we have the potential of receiving half of Cosgroves forecasted 2010-11' snowfall totals for cmh if this pans out....and it's not even technically winter yet :scooter:

Archived