• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring Snowstorm Obs 3/31-4/1

powderfreak

Finished up at 4.5" event total here with a water equivelent of 0.41". Back up to 26" at the stake.

Interesting ride home last evening from the deep valley, back out to the hills. The 'snow still in the trees' line was just about 1000' or maybe a little higher.

Here's how it looked when I got home last evening.

5581400891_0a2110d8ec_z.jpg

Nice shots, klw. I really like the one with just a bit of light coming from the church steeple. Simply classic!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy elevation storm Batman! I never left my hill until about 8:00pm last night. I had about 6", drove a mile to the bottom of my hill and there was maybe an inch. I would say tha my elevation is about 1200', just a little higher than KMPV across the valley. The valley floor in South Barre is 750' - 800'. Anyway here are a couple of pictures from the cell phone camera. Not nearly as nice as klw's.

post-363-0-08527800-1301748963.jpg

post-363-0-43551100-1301749013.jpg

Holy elevation storm Batman! I never left my hill until about 8:00pm last night. I had about 6", drove a mile to the bottom of my hill and there was maybe an inch. I would say tha my elevation is about 1200', just a little higher than KMPV across the valley. The valley floor in South Barre is 750' - 800'. Anyway here are a couple of pictures from the cell phone camera. Not nearly as nice as klw's.

Nah, nice shots, man!

Definitely elevation all the way around here. Saw the same thing climbing from the CT River valley to out here. Not quite as drastic as only a mile's distance but the same idea. I took a long, winding, scenic route home last evening--through Strafford & Vershire. On that route, I crossed a couple heights of land that approach 2000' and there was certainly more fresh snow and old snowpack on those heights than here at the house. Still, we did pretty well considering the wet glop not far away and lower down. Haven't left the house yet today but I'm about to...and I'll see what I see.

Been snizzling off & on here all morning.

Just got home from our long weekend in NH. Cannon Mt was awesome and the ski crew enjoyed 9" of powder Friday. It was amazing to see the difference from N Woodstock to Cannon on the short drive up the hill. The Bodefest was a blast. He was actually very cool about meeting the kids and they even got to follow him on a few runs. They all had respectable races to boot.

Enjoyed my first NE storm and ski weekend for the family. Everything you guys said about Cannon was spot on and I think we made the right choice of doing the Bode Miller gig instead of the Mt Snow trip for the Mt Dew race. Our friends who went there said conditions were tough yesterday, a bit mashed. No problems at Cannon as the trails were great yesterday and the only mash was at the bottom. They are hooked!!!

BTW, my first time traveling through the Mts there and it is simply beautiful!!! When things finally cleared Sat afternoon the views were stellar!!

Cheers!

Archived