• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z JMA

Ji

I did not know this little tidbit about December 2000. I just remember there was the uncertainty with the miller B setup, and I was very nervous about the storm the night before.

Of course we all know the other storm that winter, which will remain nameless, was supposed to phase earlier then it did...:whistle:

Ahhhhh, the infamous "Voldemort" storm...he who shall not be named?:lol:

I thought it comes from the NAM?

Uses both...

Welcome to the web page of the NCEP Downscaled GFS by NAM Extension (DGEX) forecast. The DGEX is initialized by interpolating the 78-h operational NAM forecast to a smaller 12-km domain. A 78-h to 192-h forecast of the WRF-NMM is made (same version that is running in the NAM), using the previous 6-h old GFS forecast for lateral boundary conditions.

I did not know this little tidbit about December 2000. I just remember there was the uncertainty with the miller B setup, and I was very nervous about the storm the night before.

Of course we all know the other storm that winter, which will remain nameless, was supposed to phase earlier then it did...:whistle:

It was going to be a Miller A storm that came right up the coast, but the ECMWF and the old AVN lost it around 60-72h out. Then the storm "re-appeared" a couple runs later but as a Miller B totally from the northern stream with no southern stream involvement. I remember it well.

It was going to be a Miller A storm that came right up the coast, but the ECMWF and the old AVN lost it around 60-72h out. Then the storm "re-appeared" a couple runs later but as a Miller B totally from the northern stream with no southern stream involvement. I remember it well.

Will,

I remember the ECMWF was showing a powerhouse (975mb low off the NJ coast), but since it was purely a Miller B and there wasn't a phase with the southern stream, the storm only deepened to 992mb. I live in Northern NJ, and we got 16 inches from that storm. Virtually no wind until the storm moved past us and deepened further.....

Archived