• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Keweenaw Lake Effect aftermath

Nice pic! Just waiting for the snow downstate.

Just wondeing how much snow we will lose due to temp going up to 40 Sunday and Monday with Rain Monday afternoon. I really wish it would stay below freezing so my driveway doesn't become a mess. I have a good mat on the driveway now and I suppose I will lose it due to the warmer temps and rain.

Just wondeing how much snow we will lose due to temp going up to 40 Sunday and Monday with Rain Monday afternoon. I really wish it would stay below freezing so my driveway doesn't become a mess. I have a good mat on the driveway now and I suppose I will lose it due to the warmer temps and rain.

icpp_1.jpg

Ouch, that sucks.

Yeah it did suck. The replacement cost of the pipe cost me $1400. I had to replace the whole line clear to the main in the street. But the only good thing I didn't have to pay the city to replace the pavement out in the street. They also took away my driveway pavement, furnish the fill dirt and rocks. The sewer guy does a lot for the city so he got them to do this for no cost. It was lucky we had a warm March. If it was a normal winter I would had to wait until mid May to get it done.

Yeah you guys need to get your base down for winter, so we can see those awesome deep snow pics from later in winter. Downstate we are used to getting bare or patchy snowcover periods during most winters from time to time, so while 40F and rain would be annoying it wouldnt be alarming. The pic you just posted looks like a typical scene here after a winter snowstorm. But the pics you get by Feb/Mar, it never looks like that here!

:snowman:

Archived