• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Montauk Point

Wow nice work! I wonder what that place looks like in an all out blizzard. I think out of all the big snowstorms we had over the past 2 years, they probably did the best in Dec 2009-- eastern LI was pulling out 2 + feet in that event!

Wow nice work! I wonder what that place looks like in an all out blizzard. I think out of all the big snowstorms we had over the past 2 years, they probably did the best in Dec 2009-- eastern LI was pulling out 2 + feet in that event!

Thanks. I couldn't imagine the wind alone with any type of major storm. Like I said, we were there Saturday, a real nice day. Winds in town were probably 10 mph from the west.....out at the point there were easily 20-30 mph sustained.

It must be crazy there during big storms.

Thanks. I couldn't imagine the wind alone with any type of major storm. Like I said, we were there Saturday, a real nice day. Winds in town were probably 10 mph from the west.....out at the point there were easily 20-30 mph sustained.

It must be crazy there during big storms.

Man, I just thought of what it must have been like there during Hurricane Bob in 1991. I believe the eyewall just grazed MTP.

I made a trip back home to Long Island this past weekend. Took a trip out to the East End since it had been a few years. Actually had a good day weatherwise Saturday. Those of you visiting Long Island, this spot really is a must see.

Nice. I was out there last May while visiting my bro in Sag Harbor.

Nice shots, folks.

My grandfather was from Southold on the North Fork. After marrying my New Englander grandmother, they settled near Newburyport, MA but he always wanted to take my brother, my cousins and myself down there but we never made it (I've still yet to go out to either fork). He was a Horton and apparently there's a Horton Point Lighthouse nearby to Southold. The Hortons have been in that area since the 1600s....

Horton_lighthouse.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1229380174667

Nice shots, folks.

My grandfather was from Southold on the North Fork. After marrying my New Englander grandmother, they settled near Newburyport, MA but he always wanted to take my brother, my cousins and myself down there but we never made it (I've still yet to go out to either fork). He was a Horton and apparently there's a Horton Point Lighthouse nearby to Southold. The Hortons have been in that area since the 1600s....

Horton_lighthouse.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1229380174667

My grandmother grew up on a potato farm in Southhold back in the 1930s. The north fork is a beautiful place to visit as well.

Archived