• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2011 MW/GL/OV Discussion

Powerball

If I were a betting man, I'd say we're looking at a relatively cool summer this year, especially based on some of the analogs following hot summers in first-year la ninas. The second half of summer would likely feature the coolest anomalies.

Since the winter discussions are sometimes started in August or September (if not earlier), it would only be fair to have a summer discussion that starts early.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we're looking at a relatively cool summer this year, especially based on some of the analogs following hot summers in first-year la ninas. The second half of summer would likely feature the coolest anomalies.

Since the winter discussions are sometimes started in August or September (if not earlier), it would only be fair to have a summer discussion that starts early.

God I hope your right. Last year was horrible...I work in that

My early thoughts are an Average to slightly above average summer, and unlike the Euro, I think its going to be a wetter than average summer for most of the Midwest.

I think we are wet as well but end up on the cool side of lot of systems. However as said with it being wet that means we should have our chances to be on the warm side as well. I would say the chances are at about 80% that we end up on the cool/below normal side this summer. Despite that i still think that atleast the first half will feature some decent severe wx across the region.

Things to keep a eye on.

1. ENSO ofcourse.

2. Drought especially over and just to the sw/s/w of the region. Droughts tend to feed heat via stronger ridges over top of the drought areas. This can ofcourse have implications on the dryline/severe wx as well if it is in the southern Plains.

Subject to change but for now that is my thoughts. I'll add more as i get a chance to look over everything in more detail.

Archived