• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Posting etiquette, please read before posting

Rib

We've gained a ton of new posters in the past year and trust me, it's awesome to see our community grow such as it has. This place, however, has a good deal of unwritten rules that sometimes is hard for new folks to understand. I know you're not trying to be a pain in the ass but there's a certain code around here that most of us old timers came up with and it should still apply. Here's several rules to make sure your posting experience is as positive as possible:

1. PLEASE do not ask about QPF in every model discussion. Most parts of the PHL CWA will invariably always be covered. It may not be immediate but I believe we did a great job covering most areas during the last event.

2. PLEASE do not badger red taggers or tombo with IMBY questions, at least until after a model run is completed.

3. Do not ever declare a bust when an event is just unfolding. You'll get burnt 99 times out of 100 and end up pissing people off. This is actually probably more important than the first two guidelines.

4. Please feel free to add as many obs as possible in the OBS thread, even if you're a lurker. You're almost always upstream of someone who wants to know what could be coming.

5. KEEP WHINING OUT OF EVENT DISCUSSION THREADS. That's what the banter thread is for.

6. Dont begrudge other people their events, even if they are less likely to get it than you climatologically speaking.

7. You almost never know more about weather than a red tagger, unless it's Analog96.

8. PLEASE only add the coarse images from NCEP.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

only thing I would add...

9.feel free to ask questions or make a quick point of analysis...but please read through a thread a bit first to see if the question has already been asked and answered or the same point has already been made.

When it gets busy here sometimes it sounds like a roomful of parrots.:arrowhead:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

only thing I would add...

9.feel free to ask questions or make a quick point of analysis...but please read through a thread a bit first to see if the question has already been asked and answered or the same point has already been made.

When it gets busy here sometimes it sounds like a roomful of parrots.:arrowhead:

The problem is that sometimes these threads grow so rapidly, those questions might get lost 6 pages ago.

We've gained a ton of new posters in the past year and trust me, it's awesome to see our community grow such as it has. This place, however, has a good deal of unwritten rules that sometimes is hard for new folks to understand. I know you're not trying to be a pain in the ass but there's a certain code around here that most of us old timers came up with and it should still apply. Here's several rules to make sure your posting experience is as positive as possible:

1. PLEASE do not ask about QPF in every model discussion. Most parts of the PHL CWA will invariably always be covered. It may not be immediate but I believe we did a great job covering most areas during the last event.

2. PLEASE do not badger red taggers or tombo with IMBY questions, at least until after a model run is completed.

3. Do not ever declare a bust when an event is just unfolding. You'll get burnt 99 times out of 100 and end up pissing people off. This is actually probably more important than the first two guidelines.

4. Please feel free to add as many obs as possible in the OBS thread, even if you're a lurker. You're almost always downstream of someone who wants to know what could be coming.

5. KEEP WHINING OUT OF EVENT DISCUSSION THREADS. That's what the banter thread is for.

6. Dont begrudge other people their events, even if they are less likely to get it than you climatologically speaking.

7. You almost never know more about weather than a red tagger, unless it's Analog96.

8. PLEASE only add the coarse images from NCEP.

:lmao:

All very good points, but I'd like to add:

If you haven't already done so, please add your location to your profile. It's difficult to know where "here" is in an obs post if you don't state your location somewhere, which would preferably be in your profile. This is especially important to the Mt Molly meteorologists who routinely browse the obs threads for their record keeping and public information statements.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived