• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Saint Louis University

I've heard only good things about it from the 2 people I know who attended there....the city is pretty rancid though, the suburban neighborhoods are fine but I never felt comfortable the few times I was there walking around the central portion of the city at any time at night unless it was following a Cards or Blues game....the city is probably the most NE'rn feeling one outside of the NE itself given it has a huge Italian and Jewish population...even Chicago and Los Angeles to me don't feel as NY/Philly like as St. Louis does.

My recollection when I applied (and was accepted) is they were better suited for graduate school than undergrad. Of course OMG that was 32 years ago so I have no idea what it is like now. I did not go because it was more of a commuter school and I was looking for the full campus experience.

Good small program I thought. Though when I went they were merging aviation and frost programs together. They lost a huge leader in that program, when Ben Abell retired and Dr Moore passed away.

My friend Dr. James T.Moore from High School was a professor of meteorology at SLU. Unfortunately he passed away at a too young of age.

You can get some outstanding meteorology lessons by him with a search of the net. I'm partial to Penn State but imho, Saint Louis is up there too.

May Jim's memory be a blessing.

I visited SLU back in 2004. It seems like a nice place but it was surrounded by the St. Louis ghetto. I assume it hasn't gotten any better since St. Louis was just named the most dangerous city in America. Tuition was also very expensive considering the quality of the education.

I also looked at Purdue and UW-Milwaukee, but it really was an easy decision to go to UW-Madison and it worked out really well.

Since you're from Pennsylvania wouldn't it make the most sense to go to Penn State? Tuition at out of state and private schools isn't worth it.

Thanks for the responses everybody.

I'm looking for a small program, which is why SLU came up (and PSU is not really on my list), but I'm not so sure I like it being in a bad neighborhood.

The other small programs I'm considering are Millersville and Valparaiso. Thoughts on those in comparison to SLU?

Thanks for the responses everybody.

I'm looking for a small program, which is why SLU came up (and PSU is not really on my list), but I'm not so sure I like it being in a bad neighborhood.

The other small programs I'm considering are Millersville and Valparaiso. Thoughts on those in comparison to SLU?

I went to SLU on some pretty good scholarships...I turned down PSU and its enormous out-of-state tuition. If you are looking for a smaller program I know people that have come out of the Millersville program and it seems pretty good. Another school I would look into would be Lyndon State in VT.

Archived