• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Cyclone Yasi

The cyclone is moving very fast and will be accelerating even more-- so the rainfall might not be too bad for a system of this size.

Yeah, my understanding is that the floods earlier this summer were south of the LF area as well, so that's one small consolation.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, my understanding is that the floods earlier this summer were south of the LF area as well, so that's one small consolation.

That's the fortunate part. The unfortunate part is that Queensland can barely handle anymore rain period.

On the minus side, there's going to be some serious left-front-quad augmentation of those max winds. Towns just left of the center are going to get blasted.

Did you see where BOM is forecasting ~1 m of rain total from this system? 1 m. That is death.

Not trying to downplay the threat, because certainly some floods will occur, but any storm crashing into a coastal range is going to produce some hefty totals.

QLD is a large state. The impact would be to entirely different river basins.

_50639532_aus_queensland_floods4a_464.gif

It's going to be close enough... and the TC large enough... for the northernmost of those areas to be affected by outer rain bands.

Regardless, for areas further north in QLD to be hit by ~1 m of rain is not helping the state's situation.

Peak gust would be "wind gust" column. Already Cat 1 (SS) winds.

Oops-- I am blind today.

Yeah, given that there's a gust column, it's got to be 10-min, as the USA is one of the only nations that uses 1-min, and 10-min is the international standard and what the Aussies use.

So, yep, by our standards, the island's gettin' a hurricane right now!

P.S. Does MX use 1-min also? I believe it does...

Oops-- I am blind today.

Yeah, given that there's a gust column, it's got to be 10-min, as the USA is one of the only nations that uses 1-min, and 10-min is the international standard and what the Aussies use.

So, yep, by our standards, the island's gettin' a hurricane right now!

P.S. Does MX use 1-min also? I believe it does...

Yep, we do.

Looking more and more seriously at places around Tahoe. Only for the winter though.

Staying ot.

Haven't responded to your email. Were you really thinking about chasing?

btw - Aussie 10 min scale rocks. Wish we would use it or implement it somehow.

Would be cool to have you as a neighbor during the winter. :)

I seriously considered chasing it-- yes. Tried hard to figure it out but couldn't do it. Too much going on at work, too much schlepping. Grrrrrr. But it's going to be a nighttime landfall, which would have sucked.

10-min sucks! :D

Would be cool to have you as a neighbor during the winter. :)

I seriously considered chasing it-- yes. Tried hard to figure it out but couldn't do it. Too much going on at work, too much schlepping. Grrrrrr. But it's going to be a nighttime landfall, which would have sucked.

10-min sucks! :D

10-minute averages at least require thinkage :)

Archived