• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Show Us Your Snowblower

HoarfrostHubb

For my driveway and turnaround I use my Ariens snowblower, but tried a plow for a couple seasons starting in '07. Decided I like the snowblower better and got rid of the plow. No snowbanks to deal with at both ends of the driveway, more maneuverable, and I can clear my walkways to the shed with it. Maintenance is alot easier than a plow too -

the Ariens sits out here in this shed, facing forward and ready (both pics from Dec 07)

For my driveway and turnaround I use my Ariens snowblower, but tried a plow for a couple seasons starting in '07. Decided I like the snowblower better and got rid of the plow. No snowbanks to deal with at both ends of the driveway, more maneuverable, and I can clear my walkways to the shed with it. Maintenance is alot easier than a plow too -

the Ariens sits out here in this shed, facing forward and ready (both pics from Dec 07)

That is a heckuva shed!

I want a new one...

Here's my snowblower. It's a 2008 Ames True Temper 1627100 Arctic Blast 18-Inch Mountain Mover. It comes standard with an 18" blade and ergonomic handle. The color is Federal Blue.

As you can see, it is currently stationed next to the door and ready for action.

My Craftsman track 8 hp died in 2008 (motor fine, but the parts taking power to the track wore out and are no longer made), but at least I have a scoop! Actually two, a massively heavy one I made and a nicer, albeit smaller commercial one. After the 2-ft dump of Feb 2009 my snowbanks were 7-8' tall and the tops were about 12' from the driveway to keep a workable slope for the scoop. That didn't help last Feb, when 10" snow had 3" water (more LE than the big 2/09 storm), making the scoop immensely hard to push horizontally much less uphill, and an unfrozen driveway didn't help as I did some grading of gravel into the lawn. Snowblowers are nice because they scatter and settle the snow, lessening the snowbank height.

Nice shovel, but I've not been a fan of the ergonomic bend - makes controlling/throwing heavy loads tough. Our go-to shovels are wood handled with aluminum blades, much heavier gauge metal than anything one finds nowadays but still quite lightweight. They were my parents' and probably are over 40 yr old.

Hey,

Mine is for sale, make me an offer....:thumbsup:

My Craftsman track 8 hp died in 2008 (motor fine, but the parts taking power to the track wore out and are no longer made), but at least I have a scoop! Actually two, a massively heavy one I made and a nicer, albeit smaller commercial one. After the 2-ft dump of Feb 2009 my snowbanks were 7-8' tall and the tops were about 12' from the driveway to keep a workable slope for the scoop. That didn't help last Feb, when 10" snow had 3" water (more LE than the big 2/09 storm), making the scoop immensely hard to push horizontally much less uphill, and an unfrozen driveway didn't help as I did some grading of gravel into the lawn. Snowblowers are nice because they scatter and settle the snow, lessening the snowbank height.

Nice shovel, but I've not been a fan of the ergonomic bend - makes controlling/throwing heavy loads tough. Our go-to shovels are wood handled with aluminum blades, much heavier gauge metal than anything one finds nowadays but still quite lightweight. They were my parents' and probably are over 40 yr old.

post-823-0-38341200-1290555588.jpg

post-823-0-00672200-1290555617.jpg

Archived