Jump to content

mimillman

Members
  • Posts

    3,615
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mimillman

  1. Had the chance to leave yesterday, missed the boat. I would no joke pay $500 to have that flight put back on the manifest today.
  2. Only storm I've seen since moving here even remotely comparable to a good northeast snowstorm was GHD II . Incidentally, that was also the last time I can remember 10"+ downtown, and that was nearly 6 years ago.
  3. Damn. Just damn. Had it all figured out. 6:30pm flight into Logan today. Was going to take advantage of WFH and chase this one down. Flight was just cancelled. The Gods owe us one here. Geez.
  4. Welp, that does it for me. Logan has cancelled all inbound flights from 4pm onwards. Oh well. Have fun guys.
  5. This is really the only good option. The incoming flight is from Charlotte and is the only other flight for this aircraft of the day, so hoping for minimal delays. Gotta hope the weather gods are smiling down on me and pity my poor NE Illinois blood for 3 years of horrendous winters!
  6. Wouldn't be able to swing it with work. Even though they encourage my "extracurricular activities," too short notice.
  7. Man. Definitely regretting it now. In the hands of the Gods. Still *think* it will be ok, but praying.
  8. Well technically if they used 12-18", that would be 100% chance of over 12"
  9. Onset of precipitation also ticking back slightly. Pleeeeease let me land!
  10. Boston onset of precip isn't until 10pm earliest really. The timing makes sense for when watches are hoisted.
  11. The way the past couple years have been going, you may want to skip Chicagoland and keep driving to Madison, WI!
  12. Leaving the flight. TBH 8-12" of snow isn't worth the additional hassle, so will take my chances!
  13. Alright. Yea, especially if the plane is coming from NYC or something like that... We'll see what the Euro shows, then will execute.
  14. Ugh. I go back and forth. 10pm Wednesday arrival into Logan...do I move it up to Tuesday?
  15. Gotta say, I’ve lived in Chicago for 8 years now. Nothing here compares to east coast storms. Nothing. And the winters the past couple years here have been positively atrocious.
  16. Nice! Yea, very pretty area to ride it out. I get in at 10:00pm on Wednesday though. Should be ok with arrival of the storm, but may end up moving it up to Tuesday night.
  17. I'm coming out to Boston for this one, just moved up my trip a bit early. Too many atrocious winters in Chicagoland past couple years and if I have the opportunity to chase this one I'm doing it. Let's go!!!
  18. The euro I thought was quite good on placement early on, no? It ended up correcting East a bit, but was much closer originally than other models. It was off on intensity in the Caribs but performed decently once in the GOM
×
×
  • Create New...