Jump to content

mimillman

Members
  • Posts

    3,615
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mimillman

  1. Idk, I’m always skeptical about these secondaries producing anything meaningful. Strung out GFS shunt east seems most likely to me
  2. This pattern couldn’t look more horrendous. Time to root for futility
  3. MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP MSP
  4. I'm not trying to bring up winters from 15 years ago haha, just past couple years.
  5. Well it doesn't *really* matter but just to set the record straight... Indianapolis did record above its seasonal snowfall avg last winter while Chicago recorded below. And that was for ORD.
  6. Lol not even arctic air behind it. What a joke. March is going to average 41 degrees and be our snowiest month. Calling it now.
  7. I mean, why fight the multi-year trend. One day, we will have the last laugh as MSP gets missed to the south year after year.
  8. Well at least it’s active in the medium range
  9. I’d be down to get that and nothing else the rest of the season at this point
  10. And it will all melt within 6 hours of falling Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  11. I just hope that if this is a warm winter, we dont get the cold and 1” slop events in April again. 2 years in a row of that now.
  12. Medium-long range definitely looks better on today's runs, i'll give it that.
  13. Oh yes, happens every year for the past 3 years
  14. For downtown, the last 6+ event was that Feb 2018 event (I believe around 8”). In November 2018, we had a DAB downtown. Nov 2015 was a fluke here as well, so last double digit event I’ve seen here was GHDII, 6 years ago
  15. We get that all the time. It’s called lake effect
  16. Need the snow up by you! Otherwise, my snowmobiling trip is gonna go bust...
  17. I hope so. Honestly, I would kill for a month with 9.2" to be real...
  18. From northern NJ, but the good snow climo part of the state. Yea that was a fantastic storm, I remember it well, and certainly compared to the 24"+ storms I experienced in my childhood in the northeast. I was excited to move to Chicago for the reasons you mentioned (more frequent snowfall, generally colder). I like winter, so I'm happy with that. But it really just doesn't seem the climo is what it used. The grass outside my apartment had a dusting for the first time this winter...mid December. Shouldn't be like that in Chicago several years in a row.
×
×
  • Create New...