Reggie does love to project dryslots. I remember that distinctly from 2015; I don't recall however whether it was actually right about them then or since.
The tuckiness does make me think a little uncomfortably of Boxing Day and shredded radars and baking powder snow. That was a wound up beast though, so perhaps it won't play out like that this time. Looks like a sweet storm for most of southern to lower central NE! Awesome for mid-December!
Nor am I, but I gather temperatures between -12 to -18C in the DGZ with sufficient lift is most important for ratios. Surface temps don't make that much of a contribution.
I recall some posters down there saying "f&*k New England" when we were trying to sneak minor goodies from storms that nailed them, so schadenfreude away!
Yeah, guaranteeing 2' is a bad proposition. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. But guaranteeing no one sees it is also silly. It can happen under the right circumstances, even in a relatively short duration storm.