Jump to content

SchaumburgStormer

Members
  • Posts

    5,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SchaumburgStormer

  1. Hearing from a physician (aka my sister) that hospitals in the LaSalle/Peru, Sandwich, and DeKalb areas have all beds full. Illinois spent millions in the spring to build the field hospital which saw 12 patients. Now we may actually need it.
  2. My guess is that there is some political strategy to this, to soften the “blow” when it becomes an order. “We asked you to comply, and you didn’t. So it’s now a stay at home order.” Will be interesting to see how well employers comply.
  3. I believe there were similar dissenters/protesting when seat belts were mandated. Big difference is that if you don’t wear a seatbelt, you’re only harming yourself. My risk of car accident death is unchanged by your decision. That’s not the same with the mask mandate
  4. Pritzker mentioned more restrictions during his news conference yesterday, and I would be almost certain that my region (region 1) will be the first to have further mitigation restrictions. Yesterday we had a mind boggling positivity rate of 15.8% with 633 new cases. The university continues to be a hot spot of cases, and heading into the holidays will be a time bomb of new cases. "Sorry I gave you COVID grandma, but that turkey and stuffing really is to die for."
  5. And with deaths being a lagging indicator, the uptick in cases will translate to a significant upswing in deaths soon.
  6. I believe that takes IL over 10,000 deaths total.
  7. Yeah. Raked pretty good with some large trees down. Overall tame compared to the stuff in Iowa earlier
  8. Had what appeared to be a quick spin up dropping right over sycamore. Never got more than halfway down
  9. CAPE through the roof in N. IL. (4500-5000) powder keg ready to blow.
  10. Hopefully all the looted businesses in the loop reinforce that plywood covering the windows...
  11. Absolutely insane for a non-tornadic storm.
  12. Man, the Chicago metro is screwed with the path this line is maintaining. Gonna be wild for @A-L-E-K to watch this thing roll in.
  13. SPC throwing out the "D" word. SUMMARY...A derecho will rapidly progress across eastern Iowa and northern Illinois this afternoon.
  14. Moderate risk pretty much I-80ish to the WI border from IA across IL to IN
  15. Looking like this one may be thread worthy. Iowa already rocking with multiple wind reports across the state.
  16. This thing is rocking already. Warned for 80mph gusts.
  17. Had been ignoring the models while I did a "quick" swingset project that my wife suggested (it took 22 hours of labor), but I am pretty pumped about the potential for this area. Upstream looks solid, and SPC is in catch up mode.
  18. IL with over 2,000 cases today. Full blown 2nd wave occurring.
  19. Absolutely. You add in the contrarians who are opposed to the precautions just for the sake of being opposed and you pretty much have a "how to spread a virus" playbook.
  20. I don't believe there is a way we could have "stopped" it. New Zealand was able to do so with a complete shutdown, but they have rough the same population as Alabama and these are much easier to implement on a smaller scale. Plus, they are a much more progressive/liberal country as a whole and the populous is more willing to go along with a complete shutdown. Ultimately the politicization of every piece of data and making every discussion a giant pissing match has really hindered our response. For better or worse, a decisive and immediate response is what was needed, and we got anything but.
  21. Actually I think he was quite polite. I would have used a much more crude term.
×
×
  • Create New...