Jump to content

SchaumburgStormer

Members
  • Posts

    5,911
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SchaumburgStormer

  1. I spent 23 year living in that area, leaving in 2010. (Granted, only 10-12 of those was I old enough to understand or enjoy weather). From the time I started following closely, 2002-2003ish, I felt that the office was solid. Every office fumbles a storm once in awhile, be it missed couplets that don't get tornado warned, or a 10" snowstorm that doesn't get a headline until 6" are down and then gets just an advisory, things are bound to get missed. But, as I said, I have been in LOT territory for 10 years now, so things may have slipped in the last decade.
  2. OT, but is anyone else having issues uploading photos? I get an "upload failed -200" error suddenly?
  3. I grew up downstate in the Argenta-Oreana area. Pretty wild to hear from folks down there with a full 4” difference over the 10 miles from Oreana to Cisco. Sounds like Cisco is the big winner with a 9.8” report
  4. Well now it does. It was a train wreck at launch.
  5. Good to see I haven’t lost my optimistic demeanor and consistent “glass half full” outlook...
  6. And were we tracking the latest first 1” snow at ORD recently as well? If I recall, we managed to screw that up with about a week to go.
  7. May as well push for some futility records. But I am sure we will find a way to screw that up too.
  8. Hell this euro run may try to get them in the warm sector. Raining in Green Bay at 185, lol
  9. I miss the days where we could get a storm that models ticked up in intensity each run, and it panned out. I think the last one I remember was a “hybrid-clipper” in like ‘16 or ‘17. Each run ticked up the snow and it still overperformed. The last couple years it has been a slow death as we wait for the storm to miss the phase and shear out to south dominated garbage.
  10. With the way they measure at ORD, this is a lock.
  11. Ah, classic postcard christmas. Brown ground with a subzero windchill.
  12. GFS shows a garbage clipper at 72hr, so we got that going for us.
  13. Its awful. Can tell this certainly went to the lowest bidder...
  14. All these doom and gloom posts, someone give me some hope!
  15. We may as well roll out the carpet and for the 1” futility record at ORD.
  16. Yeah that's a classic Nor'Easter. Baller storm as modeled right now.
  17. You know it is a shit show when the most interesting thing to track is Hoosier's futility record posts..
  18. 06z gfs agrees with the 00z euro on the low track, but wildly different sensible weather solutions.
  19. Give me storms all year on the low track the euro has however. The old St. Louis to South Bend express usually produces well locally
  20. Path seems to be trending south on both the GFS and EURO. Big differences otherwise. Ride the multi-seasonal trend, south/weak/sheared
  21. Fair enough, seems we can always fall into something even in a bad pattern. And at this point, we just need a sneak attack advisory event to get everyone off the ledge.
×
×
  • Create New...