-
Posts
34,576 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by Birds~69
-
-
48 minutes ago, JTA66 said:
Heard my first crickets last night. They may have been out there for awhile, but it's the first night I've slept with open windows this week. Probably have another month to go before the katydids show up.
Yep, a couple nights ago while taking a walk I heard a couple. Seen a couple white butterflies during the day as well.
No Cicadas, lightning bugs, spotted lanternfly, stink bugs, killer hornets and what happened to the occasional grasshopper or praying mantis?
Meanwhile, while reading the North Wales facebook community page, there's a snapping turtle roaming around...WTF? 61F/Overcast
-
1
-
-
As much as I like A/C, nothing beats windows open w/a breeze...
65F / DP 47F
-
1
-
-
Breezy, sunny, 80F and the DP down to 57F at 11:50am....shaping up to be a nice afternoon out there.
-
DP took a nosedive...down to 61F from 68F earlier.
77F
-
33 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:
Thanks for the heads up. I went out and looked, but it was hard to tell, low to the horizon, and pretty bright, lol.
I did see two Blue Herons flying right overhead at treetop height shortly after, so that made it all worthwhile. Cleaned the driveway off with a battery blower for a bonus. Still kind of humid out, currently 69F, DP 67.
I know it's not the same as seeing it in person but FOX29 had some cool camera angles ( from Franklin Institute?) this morning. With large high definition LED Tvs nowadays it's pretty intense.
Think this afternoon is when DPs will drop....tonight A/C off and windows open.
69 / DP 68
-
34 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:
Same here, got about 20 drops with 3 hours of thunder in the distance. Liking the cool down in the forecast.
If we're having 90+ HHH I expect at least a T-storm...been getting screwed all year.
Yep, from tomorrow afternoon/night on for a while looks like the A/C will catch a break or only working P/T.
-
1
-
-
Storms N, S, E and W of me....just distant thunder w/some light rain at times.
-
15 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:
Sun breaking out now...
75F / DP 71F
Jumped to 80F in 15min...sun out in full force.
DP 72F
-
Just now, JTA66 said:
In other words, if this were January, they got more than 6 feet of snow while I got flurries. But seriously, I don't wish 6+ inches of rain on anyone in that brief amount of time. I'll be paying off the damage from Isaias for a few more years.
72F/DP 71F
Some areas in Chester reported 7"+....you'll still have idiots who will drive through road rivers in a honda civic and wonder why their car stalled.
-
1
-
-
Sun breaking out now...
75F / DP 71F
-
Hopefully get a T-storm this afternoon, kinda struck out yesterday. Definitely juicy out there and when the sun eventually pops out it's going to be a sauna...
70F / DP 69F
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, RedSky said:
Nice bullseye in Marshallton/Downingtown area have some family out there. 100 year flood material.
Saw some aerial footage and it's a mess. They'll really be screwed if it sets up over them tomorrow...
71F / DP 70F
-
1
-
-
Glenn reporting 6.4" in Marshallton Chester County....that's TS Floyd territory.
Uneventful here, 71F / DP 70F
-
Glenn reporting 4.4" around downingtown.
Low dark clouds here along w/some thunder but not much in the way of precip....
72F / DP 71F
-
1
-
-
86F / DP 75F
Radar should be lighting up a bit to the W by afternoon...
-
74F / DP 72F at 5:45am
Decent chance someone receives a storm today and even a better chance tomorrow...
-
1
-
-
Saw some of those erratic flying white butterflies today and heard a couple crickets just now but no lightning bugs or the highly elusive cicada. Critters coming back slowly but surely...
80F / DP 69F at 9:55pm
-
Winds have picked up that's for sure...92F / DP 69F
-
-
1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:
I just came back in from transplanting some seedling basils that I couldn't get out earlier due to the too-cool temps Memorial Day weekend, and the soup is on. Temp 83 with a dp bopping between 74 and 75 here!
I hope mother nature will treat us to a T-storm sometime today for our suffering...
82F / DP 72F
-
1
-
-
81F / DP 72F
My highest DP so far this season.
Friday highs in the low 60s for the burbs...
-
5 hours ago, RedSky said:
Try no heat in the car next winter and get back to me...
Myself easily, the only difference is I would need gloves which I never use while driving. The problem would be window ice/defrost.
Try working in the yard all day with 95F+ HHH and your reward is a stuffy 100+ humid house and dinner requires a oven. Later that night try to sleep as sweat rolls down your face and the bed is drenched. The only spot to park is in the sun on a 95F+ HHH day, people are cooking hot dogs on the hood of your car and you must drive home in that vehicle. No A/C in either scenario...
-
1
-
1
-
-
2 hours ago, RedSky said:
Who needs A/C anyway we lived as a species without it until 60 years ago.
My car didn't have it from 94 to 08 and I didn't miss it.
If someone told me I had to go 2 years without heat or without A/C, I would choose without heat...
-
1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:
Read an article today talking about the ideal indoor temperature (thermostat setting) during the summer, saying 78F was good, and maybe up to 80 to 82 at night. Lol. Must live in Arizona. I realize that with some of the moisture taken out of the air, 78 would feel better than 92 and humid outside, but still. I'll confess to having mine set at 72 on days like today.
Kinda funny you mention this as I was about to post this question earlier today. (If A/C was free I'd probably crank it as low as it goes!) Usually I keep it at 74-75 day and night along with strategically placed fans (wind chill). Sometimes a hour before bed I'll turn it down to 70 (to really cool things off) then back to 74-75 when I actually go to bed. That article is nuts with 80-82 at night, I sleep waaaaayyy better when cool/cold...
78F / DP 67F
-
1
-
1
-



E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread
in Philadelphia Region
Posted
I'm just happy with the overcast skies and temps around 60F with a breeze. Any substantial precip is/was an afterthought. I'm happy w/the couple showers/light rain I received to wash off the car and freshen up the grass/plants...