Psychguy
Members-
Posts
65 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Psychguy
-
Today was "exactly normal" in Philadelphia... high 88 and a low of 70. How often does that actually happen? Normal high and low hit on the dot, so to speak.
-
My brother lives in East Central Wisconsin and called a few minutes ago. A lot of people without power a lot of damage to the north of him. Also said that storms of this magnitude were really not in the forecast today; just hot and humid (his dew point topped out at 82 late this morning before the storms hit)...Just crazy! Meanwhile my parents are in Phoenix and the overnight low the other night was 97... the high there hit 117 on either Friday or Saturday, and since it is the monsoon season the dew points were in the mid to upper 60's. Unbearable, as my mom put it.
-
Just got nailed with a severe thunderstorm here in Northwest Philadelphia. It was raining so hard it looked like it was snowing. There was a period of pea to marble sized hail as well. Flash flood warning also hoisted. Sky seems to be getting lighter now…
-
Today was gorgeous especially with dewpoints in the low 50’s!!
-
Wondering how many more 90 degree days we see… doesn’t look like any for the rest of the month. A 90 degree free August… wondering if Philly has ever had one… I’m sure they have, but not recently.
-
Looking at the radar, you can kind of infer where the warm front has set up. Just to the north of where I’m located in Philadelphia there have been multiple rounds of thunderstorms in Bucks County. And then, of course, those have been sliding Northeast towards North Jersey and the New York City Metro area it seems (please be careful in those areas where flooding is occurring… I just saw portions of the BQE have shut down due to flooding). Meanwhile, the sun has poked out here and it’s currently 91° at PHL with a dewpoint of 77.
-
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
Just saw that the temp. Was up to 91 at PHL with a dewpoint of 77. Very, very juicy out there! Sun coming out here in Northwest Philadelphia. -
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
Tornado watch just issued. -
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
From our bedroom in Mt. Airy, Philadelphia... between the smoke, the heat, and dew points hovering between 75-80 the word oppressive does not even do today justice! -
From our bedroom window... 95 here in Philadelphia today... and with the smoke, plus dew points hovering between 75-80 this afternoon it was absolutely miserable.
-
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
You really did need gills to breathe today... it's amazing how much you sweat just doing something simple like walking a few blocks to the neighborhood market to pick up a few things. Topped out at 98 officially here in Philly. Would have probably made a run at 100+ had there not been so many clouds... think most of the smoke stayed north today. -
Made it to 92 here in PHL. The smoke made the sky a very milky white color... have to say though, the humidity seemed really oppressive, making that 92 feel very very uncomfy. On a side note, Milwaukee, Wi, where my brother lives made it to 99 today. Pretty impressive.
-
On Sunday, July 5, PHL had a high temperature of 94 making it the 21st day this summer. Not sure about the other stations in your area, however.
-
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
It was a gorgeous day today... loved my morning walk in the mist/fog with the pup and my better half... loved that I was able to go for a run and not sweat 10 gallons, and am loving sitting on the porch listening to the birds and the kids playing outside (I could however do without the Mister Softee jingle in the background... but you can't have everything, I guess... :))) -
Been playing catch-up today reading these posts and as scary it got down here in the Philadelphia region for a while last night It doesn’t sound like it holds a candle to what many people in North Jersey or the Hudson Valley experienced. Having grown up in the Midwest, I never understood the fascination with “rooting” for destructive weather so to speak… I’m nowhere near being a child anymore (I’m 57) but I must say I still get somewhat triggered whenever bad storms are in the offing because I remember so many times being woken from sleep by my mom or my dad and them taking my brother and I into the basement because the tornado sirens went off. That does something to a six, seven, or eight-year-old; especially when a tornado strikes nearby and you can see the actual damage and how it has completely disrupted or uprooted someone’s life. I sincerely hope your power is restored sooner than later, and the same goes for so many people on this forum who are being given restoration dates days away from now. Take care.
-
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
I’m always glad I no longer live in Center City when it gets hot in the summer… it’s bad enough out in my reaches and we have a lot of trees/greenery here in NW Philly; but good God, down there, it’s just all concrete. I remember a brutal heat wave we had over the Fourth of July back in 1999 when I lived there and night time was the worst. The temperature at the Franklin Institute on the Parkway registered an overnight low of 88 one of those evenings. -
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
This does not sound promising… https://www2.stockmarketwatch.com/stock-market-news/pjm-interconnection-issues-eea2-alert-as-extreme-heat-pushes-grid-to-breaking-point/64188/ -
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2026 Obs/Discussion
Psychguy replied to PhiEaglesfan712's topic in Philadelphia Region
My parents live in a suburb of Phoenix and summers down there are very brutal. While it’s a dry heat in theory, when the monsoon season begins dewpoints ramp up into the 60s and sometimes even 70s and that combined with temperatures of 105 to 110° is truly truly unbearable. Not to mention many nights do not drop below 90-95. In fact, one morning when I was there a couple years ago the overnight low was 97°. It’s truly bizarre to wake up in the morning and turn on the TV at 8 AM and see the temperature already over 100. -
As of 2pm PHL is at 100. Don’t think we’ll get to the record of 104. Nonetheless, miserable ouside.
