Jump to content

GramaxRefugee

Members
  • Posts

    1,806
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GramaxRefugee

  1. They can't close schools now, so they'll think of something else. Over cast in Annapolis
  2. Sunny and not a cloud in sight, but only 34f here . Wind too. DP 12. Was working outdoors for a few hours, was downright cold. (Gonna light the kero heater for phase 2)
  3. Temp was 32 before bed last night. Awoke predawn to 34 and good dusting on cars. Fell to 28f overnight according to the Davis. Mostly melting at sun up.
  4. Today's obs... ...eighth straight morning with low in the 20s
  5. Too soon. Besides, there's a AmWx rule that no Christmas lights shall be removed until after snow has fallen on them. (True, some years it's tough.)
  6. Seems to be a little sleet mixed in with the rain on the skylight. 35/33.
  7. Well heck. Now that I look at that link, it would be 8 straight days if they lowered their standard to 0.15". I'd consider the 0.4 to be a substantial number. Perhaps the 0.15 just spreads out the various records too far, making "records" everywhere. This isn't a particular record I've looked closely at before. So, I'm sort of stumbling through the high weeds.
  8. I guess I should have just listed that AFD, so here it is (sorry) It has been an unusually wet pattern over the last week. For DCA (Reagan National), there has been at least 1/4" of rain each of the last 7 days. This is the longest streak on record. The previous longest was 5 days in 2011, 2009, 1975, 1950, 1942, and 1937. Precipitation records date back to 1871
  9. The AFD said 1/4", which I was skeptical of. So I immediately came here to check and Rodney lists 0.4", which I find more believable. The years listed did not include 1996, which I remembered as a summer of rain. But I didn't check the record.
  10. So, a factor of 3 difference. Not far off the pace really.
  11. Do you have similar data for Baltimore? How about Richmond or Raleigh? My meaning....if it was meteor dust, as noted, it would not be confined to DC alone. Fascinating either way.
×
×
  • Create New...