Jump to content

IowaStorm05

Members
  • Posts

    1,486
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IowaStorm05

  1. I’m biting my nails over the 12z GFS which rolls out next. Odds are, it will look more favorable than the NAM, tho the latter can’t be ignored
  2. I’ve mentioned my paranoia about major north and west trending on storms as have a few others.... but this surprises me because in my memory I feel like the dangerous northwest ticking toward rain territory usually happened about 48-72 hours prior to the event.... not under 48 hours. Like, “we should have known about this last night” It looks “okay” for me here but if it did this now, what’s next for 18z etc etc!
  3. When I saw lots of 06 z runs pull up the dividing line between magenta and purple on kuch snowfall to about a north haven- Ledyard- Hopkinton line, it was kinda creepy.
  4. The trend isn’t surprising to me! At Willi, I’m even a bit more worried about ptype than suppression. It’s not predicted by models yet, but that ocean.... I know I’m being paranoid story of our life
  5. Hahaha If We are talking in the context of locking in a run like that, 6 inches would mean something went horribly wrong!
  6. No we are in almost the best location, I think the worst case is a solid 5 inches no matter what goes wrong or different
  7. And the media has passed the point of no return in announcing what’s supposed to be ahead
  8. The run smacks of seeing something gfs always did. And it’s so damn creepy
  9. There’s obviously a huge reason yes.... which is why I think it’s weird that it turns out needing to mix like it does. As in, I don’t think there is much solution and it just rolls that way. I feel like maybe back then, and maybe it’s still this way, the plains states board was too huge of an area and Included places like New Mexico and was sparsely used?
  10. Well when I was living in Des Moines, I needed to interact with the Great Lakes board for relevant interaction. even tho I am closer to the plains and that board technically was where I belonged, it just didn’t work that way hmm
  11. A call for a quick inch or two of snow in northern CT was made as well... but it’s been a rainy mix with steady 35-36 degrees.
  12. And when you do, you shall purchase the materials to build a small cabin high in a random mountain range of eastern Nevada, experience lots of good moderate snow events. You shall stock years worth of canned goods and do SETI. Stay out of Florida and Hollywood
  13. Yeah. The GFS looks suspicious as it has been so consistent Lately... and I’ve read what people are saying about it... but at +- 60 hours out with 2020 tech you would think Euro would have caught on more aggressively by now. I feel like the worst case scenario would be a tick north with GFS. I’m not the best person to talk to about it but I can’t think of any recent events that would show up like the euro just did and bust out with 3 inch pixie in an area indicating a 15-18 inch hit within this time frame
  14. Well, I suppose I’m in the best spot possible then?
  15. Some years are just very snowy across the whole country.
  16. Could be off but if anything it adds “mental insurance” against a Ptype issue on the coastal plain of SNE
  17. I’m even more interested in upcoming GFS and others. NAM not yet inside 48hr for SNE. Yet 12z NAM is more forgiving for coastal plain than its 06 predecessor.
  18. And 1998 was precisely the first year I started reading the forecast discussion. “ETA”. And the site was the shape of a map of the state and it had “Iwin.whatever”. I was in middle school. It WAS on a compaq presario!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...