Jump to content

Nash_LSU

Members
  • Posts

    48
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nash_LSU

  1. This aren't the best pictures, but all that I could find. This is Nashville from February 16, 2015. All of this is sleet/ice. It was a tad slippy.
  2. It seems like a repeat of 2015 with back to back ice/sleet events for the midstate.
  3. Y'all talking about a 12" event are getting greedy I'll settle for a 2" event. I haven't had anything in a few years.
  4. Ah, makes total sense. Thanks. Now I see what you're talking about in the second one where it barely nudges above freezing. (BTW, they sure do cram a lot of information on those Skew-T''s)
  5. Thank you for taking the time on those. Very informative. Can you help a newbie out with a question? I'm slowly learning how to read these things. You said the last one is snow all the way down. The dewpoint and temperature meet at about 650 and it's maybe around 2-3 degrees C at that point and then it falls . How do you interpolate that it it snow shown? Is the snow actually being produced further down at like 800 or so?
  6. I saw it with my own eyes out in Brentwood earlier.
  7. That was such a great storm for me. Walked out to go to work at 6:00, saw a light dusting and figured I'd wait just a bit to see how it went. Glad I waited because it got deep very quickly and rush hour got bad for a lot of people. We ended up with 9" and it was one of the biggest snows I've seen in my 36 year life here in Nashville.
  8. It is a little bit of a wake up call. I'll admit I usually see lower-end threat events as "Oh, maybe a quick spin-up or two." I don't ever think of them as producing long-track supercell tornadoes. I guess that's just been recency bias. Now the pendulum has swung the other way on the bias.
×
×
  • Create New...