Jump to content

cut

Members
  • Posts

    770
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cut

  1. Best lobster roll outside of Sesuet Harbor!! (spelling??)
  2. My parents have about an inch in Orleans and light snow. currently.
  3. My parents in Orleans - I'll check in with them later to see if any bay effect snows happened over night.
  4. The visibility looking across Pequanic valley is actually coming down!!! This is a great surprise!!! Hoping for the first white Christmas in a looooooong time.
  5. This shows a lot of what is going on: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/goes/sector_band.php?sat=G16&sector=ne&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12
  6. LOL - Have there been any here in T Town?? Maybe a snow walk along Pequanic later - it's been years since I took a snow walk down there.
  7. 93 was pretty epic as I recall. That's the year NYC closed the bridges for de-icing on several occasions. I think a pedestrian died from falling ice on a bridge. Snow on the ground for weeks IIRC.
  8. I think this is from J. Spin judging by a post on another thread and the use of the word "Snowliage"!!
  9. So it begins!!! Damn it looks wintery at the top of Stowe!!!
  10. Went 2 years ago - this would be amazing to experience: https://www.skiheavenly.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/mountain-cams.aspx
  11. I need to experience that type of storm once in my life. Of course it's doubtful there will be skiing tomorrow (even today I think most places are closed on 'wind hold') so that would be frustrating. But to see 5 inches per hour for 35 hours!!!!
  12. we haven't had ice in years. When my kid played hockey we would play on local ponds every year - haven't been able to skate on a pond in at least 4 or 5 years here in southern CT.
  13. About 5 inches on grass and outdoor table, just cleared about 2.5 to 3 off driveway - pretty heavy snow here on Trumbull Bridgeport line. - 1/2 N of Parkway.
  14. Not happening yet: https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/day But there is a lot in Kentucky that seems poised to move into Ohio.
  15. I was just getting ready to start mine to make sure it runs!! Of course if it doesn't I can't do anything at this short lead.
  16. I went to see Platoon with a couple friends the night before, expecting to be able to not worry about getting up early the next day - well .... the wake up sucked - flurries and filtered sun .... AND SCHOOL!!!!!
  17. I'm thinking it'll be a snow day for my high school daughter though. Nothing memorable or even notable but I think a snow day is incoming.
  18. Thank god you put in the snow stakes so you won't ruin your lawn moving all the snow this year!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...