Jump to content

dbullsfan

Members
  • Posts

    159
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dbullsfan

  1. Some light rain and wind here, I’m at work over in the new port Richey area now. Wind picks up here and there but haven’t seen any big rain bands since around 1230 and nothing that would cause any leaves or branches to come off trees. Seems isolated to the coast. We are about 15-20 miles inland here. Supposedly it’s supposed to pick up over the next few hours but we will see. Still seems like most of the heavy stuff has been to the south and off the coast .
  2. Interesting just goes to show how fine the lines are, I just walked out to my car just to see if maybe my eyes were deceiving me and yeah not a drop or sign of rain and I’m maybe 20-30 minutes away from you. .
  3. Are you getting anything yet? Radar looking like some bands might start coming through shortly but it has been looking like that for a couple hours now and still waiting on first sign of rain. Even getting some blue skies popping through the breaks in clouds. Maybe its a dome over my area but just seems to break apart before it gets here each time.
  4. Haven’t seen a drop here all morning, storm just too far west. I’m sure we will get a few bands or light rain but this is pretty much a northern Florida and up event. Really surprised Reed Timmer came to Tampa opposed to further up the coast .
  5. Maybe it’s a wobble but seems to be back in more of a NW direction as well, moving further from the coast. May only be an hour or two difference but the further west it goes the more time over water if/when it turns to the east. .
  6. I’m curious if at the 2 AM advisory it is more NNW, seems like most models have had it starting the turn north about now and it still appears to be headed NW. .
  7. I definitely think Georgia and into the Carolina is much more of a threat than Florida with this one. I could be wrong but I don’t see it organizing in time to become more than a lower end cat 1 and maybe it slows down for some heavy rain fall amounts in the big bend and northern Florida areas but for most of the state I don’t see totals getting over 1-2 inches outside of remote areas hit directly by some serious bands. .
  8. I guess we just missed it over here, yesterday afternoon had some doozies though, quite a few tree branches down in the backyard and neighborhood with heavy rain. Sometimes unless it’s a direct hit it can be hard to tell the difference in just a heavier than normal afternoon storm and a tropical system (at least of the TS nature, obviously major hurricanes are different) .
  9. A band or just summer Florida storms? Seems a little far away to be considered a band of the storm? I’d expect if anything the Tampa/St Pete gets a little rain from this tomorrow but all signs seem to point to this being well off shore when it passes that part of Florida. Unless of course when it starts to really structure up the storms really push out the eastern side. .
  10. The track record of the NHC having the Tampa Bay Area in the center of an early season cone is like clockwork and is batting like 0.000001% in the last 100 years, not saying this won’t be the one but if I were a betting man I’d be looking to the north or south ends of the cone. .
  11. Looks like the annual “Tampa Hurricane” is gonna be early this year. .
  12. Not to mention, I’m no Mod but usually people aren’t really in the business of rooting for places to get hit with a Hurricane. We are all here because we are enamored with these beauties but don’t forget they can also be deadly forces. Sometimes reading more and typing less is a good way to go. .
  13. Call me crazy and I know the models aren’t showing it but I hope the folks in Louisiana aren’t turning off their TVs just yet. It’s getting closer but still far enough out this can shift further east, and well more so make the turn north before getting to the Texas coast. .
  14. NHC still has Beryl going W at the 2 PM advisory but to my untrained eye it sure seems to have taken a WNW turn over the past hour or two .
  15. I’m with you guys as well, but I’m not so sure Josh isn’t playing it smart on this one, showing up last minute to what could be a cat 5 or close to cat 5 storm on a very small island, even in the most secure structure for a guy with a lot of money is a risky proposition. The data and everything would be amazing and I know these guys go into risky situations but sometimes you gotta know when you messing with a beast that isn’t normal. .
  16. So you’re saying it’s going to Hawk Tuah on the gulf coast? Did I do that right? But sorry to derail what’s becoming a serious storm that I fear most people are gonna get caught off guard by because it’s so early in the season. .
  17. I get he has good information, only reason I don’t want to just mute or ignore him. I just wish he used words that the 75% or more of us who don’t live on tik tok understand. .
  18. Man I mainly just lurk but feel like from last season to now an entire new language was developed. Is what it is but for us non Mets who just enjoy learning and reading it’s a bit hard to distinguish what is real and what is BS. One thing I really liked about this place was it was 90% straight and on topic. Hopefully once the season kicks in the shit will get kicked away. .
  19. Weather channel still focusing on Tampa tonight is crazy. This thing has a better chance hitting Alabama at this point. .
  20. I really don’t see all the continued hype regarding Tampa for this storm. I think the local Mets have it right, maybe the coast gets a little storm surge but this thing isn’t even coming close to the coast until well after passing the TB area. The biggest worry here should probably be tornados in the extreme outer bands. It still is far enough out it could take an extreme right hand turn but I don’t think there is a single reputable model predicting that at this point. I feel like last year with Ian there were at least a few outlier models predicting it coming in further south. .
  21. Unless thing’s drastically change it will be a surge and wind event is all. For anyone more than 2-3 miles inland this will most likely be no worse than multiple storms we have had already this year. Everything points to this going further north .
  22. I know all the focus is on the initial landfall, but how much should we start looking into the fact that this thing might loop back around after it exits the east coast? What is the likelihood we get a 2nd landfall next week? .
  23. Sanibel Island isn’t protected by Pirates.. I kid about the pirates but there has to be a reason the TB area gets hit directly or even slightly indirectly by a Cane once every 100 years. This could be that one time, right now every indication is that it isn’t and it is well off the coast when it passes by and lands up in the peninsula. We had this conversation with Ian and at least one Hurricane every year going back for forever when the early models put TB in the cone. .
×
×
  • Create New...