Jump to content

Buckeyes_Suck

Members
  • Posts

    2,693
  • Joined

Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck

  1. That's really sad but still way more likely I ditch it riding my motorcycle. Especially since it wont stop snowing.
  2. Ya I just don't think you're ever going to fix that. Wasn't the tax rate like 95% on the ultra rich at one point to keep them from running away with wealth(and power)? Now I feel its like a necessary evil as you cant simply take all of that cash and put it back into the pool any easy way.
  3. No your article said "11% over inflation" so the wage is 11% higher today than what it would have been if only raised for inflation. Heres the full quote from this article you posted https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/. They make it sound like workers pay should have increased at a rate to match productivity when that increase in productivity is due to technology. ?From 1979 to 2018, net productivity rose 69.6 percent, while the hourly pay of typical workers essentially stagnated—increasing only 11.6 percent over 39 years (after adjusting for inflation). This means that although Americans are working more productively than ever, the fruits of their labors have primarily accrued to those at the top and to corporate profits, especially in recent years."
  4. It wouldn't be directly linear, because like your example of groceries you wouldn't necessarily buy more of something simply because you were able to. Its the same reason that all of the buying power that 1%ers have doesn't have that much of an effect on inflation. There not buying more of the same stuff than you and I are. I'm not following you on that other site on buying power. To me that just looks like a calculator to show what a $ was worth relatively in any given year since 1799. My argument was that if salaries have grown at a rate of 11% over inflation since 1980 as per your link then buying power has definitely increased, as salaries technically should only keep up with inflation to keep buying power even.
  5. First graph we talked about in your other article, salaries increased 11% over inflation. The second graph, here's the same data from EPI.
  6. False. Edit: If you cant see the tie wages has to supply and demand then there is no helping you, please keep me on ignore.
  7. Gas prices have fallen of the face of the earth because of reduced demand. Also right now would probably be a good time to buy a house or car as demand for those has also fallen flat. Day to day food and care commodities are still being bought at record pace due to panic so you cant use that pricing as an example. You're not the one who claimed that scarcity isn't real, were you?
  8. Thats crazy. Speaking of popping bubbles...anyone else think the student loan bubble pops in the next year?
  9. I always thought this started with Clinton... https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/hillary-and-bill-cause-of-housing-financial-crisis/
  10. I think I'm too personally tied to what I've seen at my employers under both democratic and republican presidents to change my views at this time. That article does have some good data but I have a hard time taking all the data at face value when data is twisted. For example the article stated that 50% of startups worth over $1B were started by immigrants. When I fact checked the source the actual quote was "Furthermore, a 2016 study found that more than half of U.S. startups valued at $1 billion or more that have yet to go public — the so-called unicorns with potential for high growth and job creation — have at least one immigrant co-founder. (MGI, 2016)."
  11. Was working better than anything else in the last 70 years up until Corona. And had the economy not been at the strongest its been we would be in a much darker place. @champy why dont you respond to the people calling you a complete jackass for calling anyone who supports Trump a racist baby raping nazi? And thanks for posting a tax policy change we discussed here two days ago.Welcome to the party.
  12. Knew this was coming. And they still probably under reported. https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-epicenter-wuhan-raises-number-of-virus-dead-by-1290
  13. Insane amounts when you count all the R&D. But you can buy one of their spot robots for I think $10k.
  14. Im more thinking this. Plus some of the new solid state battery tech will allow nearly instant recharging making humanoid robots like this more feasible.
  15. Robots...lots and lots of robots. And then skynet. Seriously though robots. Maybe this whole thing puts pressure on that, if we fall into a deep depression there might be a push to make huge advancements on that front.
  16. The only way I think this makes sense is if there's a military move in the fold, like annexing Taiwan or the south east peninsula. Otherwise I think they just sent themselves into a death spiral along with the US. Tariffs or not we were still their biggest customer by far. Watch how far the anti made in chinese movement takes us...
  17. Ya I believe they're still lying. It doesn't just disappear.
  18. Nope. Right now the rate of spread doesn't seem to be slowing and that's with everyone locked down. At least the rate isn't increasing. What the hell did China do?
  19. Not good... https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/small-business-loan-program-runs-out-of-money-not-accepting-applications
  20. Mines been pretty comfortable so far. https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Batman-Movie-Character-Material/dp/B086R1FH4Y/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Bane+mask&qid=1587050347&sr=8-3
  21. When they invade Taiwan next month we’ll know for sure...
  22. The only other solution I’ve seen work is blood transfusions.
  23. I think the real reason is that they're realizing that were learning the ventilators do more damage than good. So announcing that he can send them elsewhere is just about looking like the good guy.
×
×
  • Create New...