-
Posts
2,693 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck
-
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
That’s insane. Anytime I’ve had a flight canceled on me that they couldn’t rebook the refund process has been automatic. You’re right, they must be aggressively trying to hold phones. Virgin Australia just went bankrupt yesterday, I don’t think they’re going to be the last large airline to fold before this is over. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
There are times I miss it...but since I couldn’t sleep I just snuck in a shoulder workout. I started out a a kid at steel mill gym in Lackawanna, that place was as close to westside barbell as you can get around here. I miss that place. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
@BuffaloWeather couple gyms declared bankruptcy today...there might be a flood coming of used equipment. Can never have enough iron. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I don’t think it’s that. I think it’s playing hardball for jobs. Most of the people he locked out were coming here on work visas. Economy is going to be shit for a while I think. Too much paranoia. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Wow. pretty good read on the topic, and fairly recent. https://www.nknews.org/2019/03/contingency-planning-who-would-succeed-kim-jong-un/ -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
The craziness deepens. I don’t see what this does to help at this point. I’m no conspiracy theorist but something doesn’t seem right. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-suspend-immigration-executive-order-coronavirus -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Anyone else now avoiding purchasing things made in China? I just learned carhartt has a made in USA line, picked up a couple new pairs of work pants. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
If this lasts long I wouldn't be surprised to see Russia attack oil fields...whether through proxies or directly. https://www.investors.com/news/us-oil-prices-have-never-been-this-upside-down-before/ -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
One of our favorite vacations was Vancouver, which I'd imagine will be doable later this year. We stayed downtown and were a 30 minute drive from the grouse grind which we hiked from sea level. We also summit-ed Brunswick and West Lion leaving from Cypress. We went in early June and needed all of daylight to make that work. Didn't see a soul for 12 hours. https://goo.gl/maps/55YRBzqa68LyPNKp6 Was kind of odd at times but an adventure nonetheless. https://goo.gl/maps/icsAe7n8e9YkZ1TG8 Completely Epic. Feet of snow on the ground still in spots. Here's a pic from that summit. I had to downsize the image to post but those are cruise ships in the fjord. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I agree. At some point in our life times we may see professional athletes screened for genetic modification. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Literally lol'd, and then thought of I am legend and resident evil. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I dont think we have the tech to completeley eradicate anything at this point. Only one disease is considered eradicated, smallpox. CDC says otherwise. I think what you said is what a lot of people think to comfort them about how inefective the standard flu vaccine is. (60% on a good year) https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/keyfacts.htm -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Yep, which is why waiting this out isn't the correct course of action. My wife has to get the flu vaccine every year for work. Nearly every year she still gets the flu... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I think that this is entirely "new" covid virus. From the article you linked: -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I think it was because the 2009 H1N1 was simply a variant of the standard H1N1 which is your seasonal flu, so they had to simply make changes to the standard flu vaccine which they already do seasonally. Just my guess. The other thing to remember is that only a small percentage of the population get the flu vaccine, whereas the 12-18 month time frame is to allow for nearly everyone to get vaccinated for covid 19. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Never said that everyone that isn't as successful as me is lazy. What I've said is that if you work your ass off the chances are likely that you will be successful and that in general people are lazy. Typically people are self unaware and chose to blame everyone else for their misfortunes rather than being honest with themselves. We're seeing tons of examples of that right now with people taking advantage of the extra $600 for unemployment. For your second point what I'm saying is that while america can stay shutdown and feed its people the vast majority of the world cannot. The US wait 12-18 months for a vaccine. (Albeit with debt that our great grandchildren will be paying). The world cant. For a simple example look at most Caribbean islands. They are typically far above the carrying capacity of their land mass and only sustainable through tourism. What happens to them in 12-18 months? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
No just the opposite....so the poorest of people dont die. Did you misread what I wrote? Millions if not billions around the world depend on the american economy. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I searched pretty thoroughly. Plus that's the kind of headline CNN would have put front page if it were true. Every place I found that had that circled back to that satire site. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
From what I've read about 60% of the gen pop. It would be impossible for them all to be volunteers. Anyone deemed "high risk" would remain in isolation until that was achieved. The alternative is to await a vaccine, which is still 12-18 months out. You're talking about a global collapse of the economy in that period of time. Here in the states we'll probably be for the most part fine. But you're talking millions of deaths around the world due to starvation and war. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
The guy actually died but he didn't make that facebook post. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Find one post where I've peddled one of trumps f**k ups as truth. You're delusional. As soon as someone even remotely leans right or isn't anti trump you lose your mind. Thats why Trump will win 2020, because of asshats like you who embolden his base. And my stance on this whole thing is herd immunity. I've (along with others here) are open to the idea of purposely inoculating young and healthy volunteers, of which I would be one. So I'll be at work making sure you can eat, and my wife at work making sure you have healthcare, not parading around downtown in my car protesting. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Fake. Ripped from a satire site. https://www.facebook.com/Tyrannowhale/ Edited. shouldn't have called you a scumbag. Sorry. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Yea good point. I think places like that will probably be fine going about their normal business until a vaccine is available though, especially with the heightened awareness resulting from all of this. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Wonder how many strange look I’ll get walking around wegmans this week looking like the Stig. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
We need to start getting closer to herd immunity. Keeping things shut down won’t work while we wait for a vaccine. https://www.foxnews.com/media/david-katz-coronavirus-vaccine-herd-immunity
